Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76
  1. #71  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You're wrong.


    Where am I wrong? Do the books of the Torah prescribe death to people who violate the specific laws I cited? Do you want me to list all the scriptures by verse? If you've ever read the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible, you know that what I am saying is the truth-if a nation decided to institute the Torah in it's entirety as the law of the land, that nation would be as brutal as any muslim nation enforcing Sharia law. Not even modern Israel practices the law to that extreme-they don't have the death penalty. Of course, you can't get a cheeseburger at the Jerusalem McDonalds.


    The case I mentioned was in Oakland County, MI, within the past decade. I know we discussed it here. The judge was the Honorable Linda Hallmark of Oakland County Circuit Court/Family Division. I had a case cross over once to her court room. She's a good judge.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #72  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,205
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Where am I wrong?
    Where do you want me to start? Not that it really matters to an old 60's hard core Lib like yourself.



    Do the books of the Torah prescribe death to people who violate the specific laws I cited? Do you want me to list all the scriptures by verse? If you've ever read the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible, you know that what I am saying is the truth-if a nation decided to institute the Torah in it's entirety as the law of the land, that nation would be as brutal as any muslim nation enforcing Sharia law. Not even modern Israel practices the law to that extreme-they don't have the death penalty. Of course, you can't get a cheeseburger at the Jerusalem McDonalds.
    Yeah and so does the Koran and just about every Bible of every religion on the planet.

    Your point? Oh yeah that's right you don't have one.

    You'd rather duck dodge and weave around the fact you don't know what the hell you're talking about in relation to the OP...instead you want to use the typical Liberal ploy of what if's supposition and straw men from the time of Moses to try and appear relevant on the topic.

    The fact of the matter is the Torah isn't used as the supreme strict law of the land in any land...therefore any relevance your hypothesis about brutality had flew out the window roughly 2045 years ago.

    You want to try and draw a comoparison to what you're talking about in THIS century?

    The other fact of the matter is...is that Sharia law IS being practiced in countris in it's full brutal "glory" and there are naked attempts to impose it a piece at a time on THIS country. To use it to set up enclaves withion our borders...hell it's already happening in your beloved Michigan as far as concentrations of Muslims is concerned...where it's Muslims only and the U.S. rule of law and the Constitution can but out.


    The case I mentioned was in Oakland County, MI, within the past decade. I know we discussed it here. The judge was the Honorable Linda Hallmark of Oakland County Circuit Court/Family Division. I had a case cross over once to her court room. She's a good judge.
    So you say.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #73  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Where do you want me to start? Not that it really matters to an old 60's hard core Lib like yourself.





    Yeah and so does the Koran and just about every Bible of every religion on the planet.

    Your point? Oh yeah that's right you don't have one.

    You'd rather duck dodge and weave around the fact you don't know what the hell you're talking about in relation to the OP...instead you want to use the typical Liberal ploy of what if's supposition and straw men from the time of Moses to try and appear relevant on the topic.

    The fact of the matter is the Torah isn't used as the supreme strict law of the land in any land...therefore any relevance your hypothesis about brutality had flew out the window roughly 2045 years ago.

    You want to try and draw a comoparison to what you're talking about in THIS century?

    The other fact of the matter is...is that Sharia law IS being practiced in countris in it's full brutal "glory" and there are naked attempts to impose it a piece at a time on THIS country. To use it to set up enclaves withion our borders...hell it's already happening in your beloved Michigan as far as concentrations of Muslims is concerned...where it's Muslims only and the U.S. rule of law and the Constitution can but out.




    So you say.


    My point is that there is good and bad in everything. I originally stated that I don't believe that Sharia law should ever supercede US law, but that there are probably circumstances in which it can be considered, like the case I mentioned regarding the consideration of orthodox jewish law pertaining to the sabbath in a custody case.

    I am not disputing what happens in nations that practice all-out Sharia law as the nations' official criminal code. I am just pointing out that Mosaic law pretty much prescribes the same punishments for the same offenses, and is equally intolerant of any dissent, yet we don't eliminate discussion of it's implications from our legal system. Therefore, the same should apply to muslim americans who make legally binding agreements based on Sharia law.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #74  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,205
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My point is that there is good and bad in everything. I originally stated that I don't believe that Sharia law should ever supercede US law, but that there are probably circumstances in which it can be considered, like the case I mentioned regarding the consideration of orthodox jewish law pertaining to the sabbath in a custody case.
    And you're STILL wrong. Thinking like that is the camel's nose under the tent flap that the disease that is Sharia law needs to spread until it's taken over and replaced U.S> law and the U.S. Constitution.

    And it happens when bleeding heart leftists like you make exceptions for it to be used.

    You make the mistake of thinking that it can be controlled and containied. And it will end up being a fatal mistake on your part if it's allowed tohappen.

    I am not disputing what happens in nations that practice all-out Sharia law as the nations' official criminal code. I am just pointing out that Mosaic law pretty much prescribes the same punishments for the same offenses, and is equally intolerant of any dissent, yet we don't eliminate discussion of it's implications from our legal system. Therefore, the same should apply to muslim americans who make legally binding agreements based on Sharia law.
    You're using 2,000 year old examples...ancient red herrings to try and make a point.

    You failed. You're wrong.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #75  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And you're STILL wrong. Thinking like that is the camel's nose under the tent flap that the disease that is Sharia law needs to spread until it's taken over and replaced U.S> law and the U.S. Constitution.

    And it happens when bleeding heart leftists like you make exceptions for it to be used.

    You make the mistake of thinking that it can be controlled and containied. And it will end up being a fatal mistake on your part if it's allowed tohappen.



    You're using 2,000 year old examples...ancient red herrings to try and make a point.

    You failed. You're wrong.


    You assume that every element of Sharia law is in conflict with US law. My use of the example of Mosaic law is legitimate because it is an example of religious laws that conflict with US laws. There are no laws in most cities and states against working on the Sabbath, for example. Yet, in a family court custody proceeding , it can be considered in custody negotiations if all parties are in agreement. The concerns I have about Sharia law, specifically the abuse and mistreatment of women and girls, are addressed by US law. It is illegal to beat one's wife, to force one's daughter into marriage, and to ritually mutilate a girl's genitalia, among other practices that are associated with Sharia law. The US law should always supercede Sharia law.

    It may have been over 2000 years since a nation last used the Torah in it's entirety as it's legal code, isn't it your side that is always claiming that this is a Christian nation founded on God's laws, and complaining that liberals are always denying the judeao-christian heritage of the USA? Conservatives seem not to have a problem with using the Bible as justification to enact legislation that supports their social conservative agenda.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #76  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You assume that every element of Sharia law is in conflict with US law. My use of the example of Mosaic law is legitimate because it is an example of religious laws that conflict with US laws. There are no laws in most cities and states against working on the Sabbath, for example. Yet, in a family court custody proceeding , it can be considered in custody negotiations if all parties are in agreement. The concerns I have about Sharia law, specifically the abuse and mistreatment of women and girls, are addressed by US law. It is illegal to beat one's wife, to force one's daughter into marriage, and to ritually mutilate a girl's genitalia, among other practices that are associated with Sharia law. The US law should always supercede Sharia law.

    It may have been over 2000 years since a nation last used the Torah in it's entirety as it's legal code, isn't it your side that is always claiming that this is a Christian nation founded on God's laws, and complaining that liberals are always denying the judeao-christian heritage of the USA? Conservatives seem not to have a problem with using the Bible as justification to enact legislation that supports their social conservative agenda.
    Both Jewish and Christian law recognize the existence of secular authorities, which makes it possible to observe those religious laws without violating the laws of the state. Islam, in contrast, does not recognize any secular authority. This is because Mohammed combined secular and religious authority in his own person. In fact, the whole point of the religious aspects of Islam was to provide spiritual justification for Mohammed's depredations. Most of the Qur'an consists of Allah declaring that Mohammed is allowed to do whatever (or, as often as not, whomever) he wanted, or excoriating anyone who wasn't with the program. When he died, his successors (Kalifa, in Arabic, from which the term Caliph is derived) exercised his temporal and spiritual authority, until the end of the Caliphate and the Ottoman Empire. Now, a new generation of Salafist Muslims is seeking to restore the Caliphate and expand its scope until, as the Qur'an states, there is only one religion in the world. One of the ways that they do this is by forcing Muslims who might be inclined to resist this to knuckle under the rule of imams. They do this by demanding the imposition of Sharia, which is applied, interpreted and enforced by the same people who just happen to favor a global Islamic Caliphate. Those Muslims who refuse to comply, who seek to take cases outside of the community, to appeal to the laws of the host nation, rather than the imams, are damned as blasphemers and apostates who, by trying to get a fair hearing, are denying the supremacy of Allah's law. Thus, Sharia imposes clerical rule on Muslim communities. It also serves to isolate them. A non-Muslim who has a dispute with a Muslim cannot expect a fair hearing in a Sharia court, where the testimony of a non-Muslim is worth only half of that of a Muslim (and in practice, far less than that), but a non-Muslim who refuses Sharia adjudication of a dispute will be accused of all manner of Islamophobia and bigotry. The end result is that non-Muslims will stear clear of Muslims as much as possible, causing further isolation and alienation of the Muslim community. Sharia is a tool of conquest masquerading as a legal code.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •