Thread: GOP Won't Defund 0bamacare

Hybrid View

1. #1 GOP Won't Defund 0bamacare 

Rep King: House Won't Defund Obamacare Because Leaders ‘Afraid' GOP Will be Blamed for Shutdown

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) says that Congress is not going to cut off funding for Obamacare or Planned Parenthood because House Republican leadership is afraid of the threat of a showdown with Senate Democrats and the president – they’re afraid that Republicans would be blamed for a government shutdown. >>>

“We didn’t bring up the maximum leverage because the decision was made by leadership to avoid the prospect of a showdown with the president or Harry Reid that could result in a potential shutdown of government,” King told CNSNews.com in an interview.

“And that rationale – and it wasn’t my rationale – is what brings us to this point -- that we’re still funding Obamacare to the tune of $23.6 billion dollars in the first two years >>>

Ironically, Republicans would have had the support of the American people in cutting off funding for Obamacare, King said.

“I think the American public would have sided with us, and if we had held our ground on shutting off the funding to Obamacare in particular, as well as funding Planned Parenthood, because it puts the president and Harry Reid and the Democrats in the position of having to defend Obamacare as more important than all of the rest of the functions of government combined,” he said. >>>

“If the repeal of Obamacare went up on the floor, every Republican would vote for the repeal of it. Cutting all funding, same thing -- especially if it was written by the Speaker or the Majority Leader, and of course, we don’t expect that will happen.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just how does this work? Is there some sort of requirement that GOP leaders are no longer allowed to put on pants but rather put on skirts before they can enter the congressional chambers? (I'm speaking about the "men") Where the H-E-L-L are they????
    Last edited by Janice; 11-23-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Damned election year!

They need to defund it and STOP Obamacare.

The GOP will pay for their cowardice. Boener is the ultimate coward and not worthy of his position. We need Cantor or another with Balls in there.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    The GOP will pay for their cowardice. Boener is the ultimate coward and not worthy of his position. We need Cantor or another with Balls in there.:mad:
    Cantor or Ryan, personally thought Ryan should have been Speaker to begin with. Boener's a cry baby linguine spinned douche, who only gained the Speakership because the Old Guard voted him in.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Cantor or Ryan, personally thought Ryan should have been Speaker to begin with. Boener's a cry baby linguine spinned douche, who only gained the Speakership because the Old Guard voted him in.
    Bye bye Boener is gonna make a good anthem.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

On a related note, the Republicans have refused to stop a Democratic Party proposal to ban Santa Claus and force parents to give children lumps of coal because they believe that they will be held responsible for protecting Christmas.

Do these idiots not understand that the only thing less popular than Obamacare is the president that rammed it down our throats? Instead of backing down, they should be exposing every corrupt sweetheart deal in it, every thoughtless change that will end up increasing costs or decreasing consumer choices, every cost-cutting provision that will end up not saving anything and every life-threatening bureaucracy that it adds. What gutless tools.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!