Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thanksgiving dinner + wingnut relatives = a horrible day 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a DUmmie "Family Tale" :D

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-23-11 12:23 PM
    Original message Thanksgiving dinner + wingnut relatives = a horrible day

I have two wingnut in-laws who will be at Thanksgiving dinner and they always want to talk politics.

There's just no way I can avoid it. I've considered faking a heart attack or stroke to escape this ordeal, but I doubt if I'd get away with it.

These are people who think Ronald Reagan is God and that Newt Gingrich is a genius. They are against everything that most sane people believe in. They are intolerable dittoheads and Fox "News" addicts. And they are people I really don't want to be on the same planet with.

(Cyrano, assuming this is real, I'm sure they think you're an arrogant know-it-all little Libtard prick!! :))

If I ever spoke up, I know I'd blow up. It really could become physical. (Big "Tough Guy" Libtard!!!!)

So I'm stuck with a day that I used to love that has become a horror. I can usually avoid them most of the year, but this is one day I'm stuck with. Maybe I'll get lucky and choke to death on some cranberry sauce.

I've often asked myself why I put up with it. There's no arguing a different point of view with them, but I'd really like to tell them to shut their stupid fucking mouths. However, that would cause irreparable damage within my family with which I'm very close.

I'm sure that some of you have the same problem and you have my sympathy.

Nonetheless, Happy Thanksgiving to all here. I hope it's a good one.

Happy Thanksgiving Cyrano. Maybe the cat will pee in your mashed taters!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

My father-in-law makes awful (as opposed to any other kind) puns, sings Tom Lehrer songs, and recites scientific limerics.

If he sings The Element Song tomorrow, I swear, I am going to punch that Dutch bastard in the nose.

DU Dummy without right wing relatives = dinner at the mission.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

There's nutbags in every family that we have to deal with every year. If there weren't you wouldn't be a family. Suck it up you big wussbag and just eat your damn tofurkey.

Right now there's a guy in America complaining to his colleagues that "he has to have dinner with that douche Cyrano tomorrow".

It really says something about them that even on holidays, they can't put the BS aside. This assumes any of it is true.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Cyranno should throw the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the plate glass window in the dining room and then run out of the house crying.

Hey, it worked for another DUmmie seven years ago. Why mess with success?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    My father-in-law makes awful (as opposed to any other kind) puns, sings Tom Lehrer songs, and recites scientific limerics.

If he sings The Element Song tomorrow, I swear, I am going to punch that Dutch bastard in the nose.
    could be worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMe348Im2w

:D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Cyranno should throw the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the plate glass window in the dining room and then run out of the house crying.

Hey, it worked for another DUmmie seven years ago. Why mess with success?
    Ohhh you know my parents!

I'm assuming the following.

1.) The dinner is not at Cyranno's house.

2.) Cryranno is not paying, or preparing the meal.

3.) That Cryrann's In-Laws are just normal folks ( which don't exist in his enclosed universe).

4.) Cyranno is too stupid/crazy to sneak off to a sale some place, or use the television to block everything out.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

How hard is it for conservatives to put up with liberals?