Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OWS Poster Child... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Too funny! :D

A Santa Clarita teenager applying for a job at a hobby shop dropped off his resume then grabbed a $129 Airsoft gun and strolled out the door, police said Tuesday.

The 17-year-old, whose name was not released because he's underage, explained his thinking this way:

“Honestly, I wasn't planning on stealing anything," he told KTLA-TV. "I was actually trying to get a job. And... what can I say? I'm a teenager, that's stupid.”
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ah, a future DUmmie........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Loved this part:

Sgt. Darren Harris confirmed the teenager presented a resume to a store employee, but the worker told him applicants must be at least 18 years old.

“The subject said, ‘That sucks,’ and wandered around the store,” Harris said.
    Way to plan for next year, when he could have worked there. Instead, he burned a bridge, embarassed himself and set himself up for future failure. He's got OWS written all over him. They should save him a spot at the nearest drum circle.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I had a young man apply for a job as a janitor. He made a good appearance, was polite and seemed trainable. I hired him on the spot.

He showed up for work neatly dressed in shirt, tie and jacket. I thought it was inappropriate for the job, but handed him a vacuum and pointed him towards the trash cans. He said "I decided that I'd be better working as front office".

Yeah, he went home right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    I had a young man apply for a job as a janitor. He made a good appearance, was polite and seemed trainable. I hired him on the spot.

He showed up for work neatly dressed in shirt, tie and jacket. I thought it was inappropriate for the job, but handed him a vacuum and pointed him towards the trash cans. He said "I decided that I'd be better working as front office".

Yeah, he went home right away.
    ROFLOL!

When I was a young PFC, our Unit Administrator found out that I could type, so he and the First Sergeant had me report for a detail in my class A uniform. The NCOIC saw that I wasn't dressed to do track maintenance and sent me to work in the orderly room, where I made a big dent in the paperwork backlog. They ended up putting me in for OCS. . I'd never have decided that on my own, though. That's just asking for trouble.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The difference between the military and the private sector.

I have MANY painful incidents of trying to hire teens as a first minor job. One girl BEGGED for a chance, just a chance. Her mother called me and begged on her behalf. Just one small opportunity. She seemed so sincere that I told her we would have a try out.

She arrived, on time and immediately locked herself in the bathroom. She called her mom on her cell phone and stayed in that locked bathroom (preventing anyone else from using it) until her mother came to get her. It took FOUR HOURS for mom to show up. I asked what the point was? Why beg for a job? Naturally there was no answer.

Two days later, Mom and Dad showed up asking for their daughter's half day PAY!

I actually have never had a teen work out successfully.

I certainly hope you laughed in their faces and threw them out. Hell, I would have charged them for the water and toilet paper she might have used.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I certainly hope you laughed in their faces and threw them out. Hell, I would have charged them for the water and toilet paper she might have used.
    And a bill for the rent.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The difference between the military and the private sector.

I have MANY painful incidents of trying to hire teens as a first minor job. One girl BEGGED for a chance, just a chance. Her mother called me and begged on her behalf. Just one small opportunity. She seemed so sincere that I told her we would have a try out.

She arrived, on time and immediately locked herself in the bathroom. She called her mom on her cell phone and stayed in that locked bathroom (preventing anyone else from using it) until her mother came to get her. It took FOUR HOURS for mom to show up. I asked what the point was? Why beg for a job? Naturally there was no answer.

At least you knew where the problem started. I'm trying to imagine why she had to lock herself away from everyone else and then call for mommy. Did you pepper spray her or something?

I actually have never had a teen work out successfully.
    We tend to have a higher success rate wtih teens, partly because our "finishing school" teaches self-reliance, discipline and attention to detail. I've met kids who I'd trust with my life (and have sometimes had to) over the course of my career. Next time that you need an entry-level hire, go over to the nearest reserve unit on a drill weekend and see if anyone is looking for a job.
    --Odysseus