1. #1 Why would anyone think Ted Kennedy was anything short of a saint? 
    link

Taverner Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 10:25 PM
    Original message
    Why would anyone think Ted Kennedy was anything short of a saint?

Fought for the poor, fought against Vietnam, fought fought fought

Yet, there are a ton of self-described "liberals" who think he was a bastion of self-gratification

Chappaquiddick, that was over 40 years ago

Let, it, go....

If that is the worst thing a man has on his conscience, he did pretty well...
    So to Taverner as long as a person fights for liberal causes it doesn't matter if they allow someone to die because of their neglect and failure to take personal responsibility for their actions.
    quinnox Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 10:30 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. The Kennedys are one of the greatest families that America has produced

Ted Kennedy IS a Saint, and fuck those who attack a great man like him!
    tularetom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 10:41 PM
    6. He was a human being subject to the same frailties and weaknesses as the rest of us

He was a good man and his life was an example most of us could only hope to emulate.

But he was human. I don't give a rats ass about Chapaquiddick but I still don't understand what qualifies Sen. Kennedy for sainthood.
    Taverner Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 10:44 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    7. The only thing he did wrong was cheat on his wife

Honestly, I'd rather have someone who cheats on their wife, but stays on our side, than someone who shows fidelity, and fucks us all over.

Dubya never cheated on his wife, but he cheated on US.
    Obamanaut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 11:12 PM
    Response to Reply #15
    17. I have no standards for sainthood at all, whereas you suggest it for

a drunk, a cheat, and the guy who ran off a bridge and did not report the accident (which was discovered independently the next day) in which a young woman drowned.

But hey, you like him. That's you.
    Politicalboi Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-23-11 11:19 PM
    19. And after all that happened to that family

Edited on Wed Nov-23-11 11:22 PM by Politicalboi
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was set up at Chappaquiddick. I know he was a womanizer, and drank a lot. (Easy Target). The powers that be let him know that THEY let him live this time.
    I don't know. I'm torn. Is Taverner this blind and dumb or is he just looking for attention at CU?

I'll be darned, it got locked. It would seem some were blaspheming the holy Kennedy name!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I didn't realize that blaming someone for a wrongful death had a statute of limitations. Using that logic, people keep harping about Hitler. WWII was 66 years ago. Let it go.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Assholes, the lot of them.

A young woman dies, suffcating in an over turned car and ol' Teddy uses political muscule to get his drunk ass out of trouble.

But being a Liberal Icon means all sins are forgiven no matter what, or who you f*ck over.

Moonbats can forgive anything ... as long as you're one of them.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

I don't know. I'm torn. Is Taverner this blind and dumb or is he just looking for attention at CU?
    He saw the Top DUmmies of 2011 thread and this is his entry "for your consideration" as it is said in the entertainment industry. :)

Why would anyone think Ted Kennedy was anything short of a saint?
    Ask the family of Mary Jo Kopechne.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

When Tavs posts maudlin crap like that, you can be pretty sure it's the drugs talking.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I didn't realize that blaming someone for a wrongful death had a statute of limitations. Using that logic, people keep harping about Hitler. WWII was 66 years ago. Let it go.
    Hitler was victim. The only reason he did all of that is because his uncle beat him as a child. /liberal mode

Yeah, he fought, fought, fought. Especially against that wind farm off his sacred coast.

But hey, he spoke a good game, didn't he.

Who cares what he fought for? That is spending everyone else's money. He had a hell of a lot of money that he could have given to the poor and downtrodden. He could have given it all away and lived rather comfortably off of his salary.