1. #1 UC Davis Student Admits Protesters Surrounded Cops and Wouldn't Let Them Leave 
    As Occupy-loving media continue to express outrage over protesters getting pepper-sprayed by campus police officers at the University of California at Davis last week, a surprising admission by one of the attendees was uncovered in an interview Democracy Now!'s Amy Goodman did Monday.

One of the pepper-sprayed students told Goodman, "We had encircled them [campus police], and they were trying to leave, and they were trying to clear a path. And so, we sat down, linked arms, and said that if they wanted to clear the path, they would have to go through us"

AMY GOODMAN, DEMOCRACY NOW!: To talk more about what happened at UC Davis, we go to Sacramento, California, to talk to Elli Pearson, one of the students pepper-sprayed Friday. She’s a sophomore at UC Davis studying sustainable agriculture and food systems.

We’re also joined from Berkeley by Nathan Brown, assistant professor of English at UC Davis. He wrote an open letter calling for the resignation of UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi following the pepper-spraying incident Friday.

Before we turn to our guests, let me just play a short clip, which shows Elli Pearson being pepper-sprayed.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PROTESTERS: Don’t shoot students! Don’t shoot students! Don’t shoot students! Don’t shoot students!

The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching!

Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

AMY GOODMAN: I want to turn to Elli Pearson. Elli, describe exactly what happened on Friday.

ELLI PEARSON: Well, we were protesting together, and the riot cops came at us, and we linked arms and sat down peacefully to protest their presence on our campus. And at one point, they were—we had encircled them, and they were trying to leave, and they were trying to clear a path. And so, we sat down, linked arms, and said that if they wanted to clear the path, they would have to go through us. But we were on the ground, you know, heads down. And all I could see was people telling me to cover my head, protect myself, and put my head down. And the next thing I know, I was pepper-sprayed.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1eejDrInj
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

They got what they wanted.

Treated very gently though.

...Elli Pearson, one of the students pepper-sprayed Friday. She’s a sophomore at UC Davis studying sustainable agriculture and food systems.
    So you have to go to kollege these days to learn how to plant corn..........but can she cook?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Isn't it amazing how little details like this are always left out of MSM stories?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

From what I remember, the students at Kent State had the cops blocked off from exiting as well. This time, they just got pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    From what I remember, the students at Kent State had the cops blocked off from exiting as well. This time, they just got pepper spray.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    She is saying despite their foolishness they were lucky, things could have have been much worse.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She is saying despite their foolishness they were lucky, things could have have been much worse.
    Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. State universities have learned not to put the National Guard out there to kill people. That's an advance.

That's not to say that pepper spray does not have its affects: it can be pretty hideous for anyone close up and it is deadly to asthmatics. But, given the choice, the temporary effects of pepper spray are better overall than 4 dead students as occurred at Kent State.

I wasn't trying to be flippant and hope that no one thought I was brushing aside what happened at either the UC or at Kent State. What I am saying is that universities are now smarter about dealing with student uprisings. I am also showing how protester tactics haven't changed: hemming in the police (or soldiers) is a sure way to provoke a reaction because they panic when they are out of control and have to maintain control to do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. State universities have learned not to put the National Guard out there to kill people. That's an advance.
    The National Guard wasn't "put there" to kill people you obtuse moron.

Statements like this are exactly why I did this :roll eyes: when she posted what she did above.

Since this crap started the left and their MSM mouthpieces have been waiting for this to have it's "Kent State moment".

The Elspeth DUmmie sounds disappointed it hasn't happened.

That's not to say that pepper spray does not have its affects: it can be pretty hideous for anyone close up and it is deadly to asthmatics. But, given the choice, the temporary effects of pepper spray are better overall than 4 dead students as occurred at Kent State.
    Right because those protestors were peaceful not causing any trouble "activists" too right? In both cases...incidents of violence could have been avoided if the "protestors" had simply obeyed the law.

I wasn't trying to be flippant and hope that no one thought I was brushing aside what happened at either the UC or at Kent State.
    No you're a typical DUnmmie trying to compare the two and HOPING the same kind of rallying cry can be ginned up for this.

What I am saying is that universities are now smarter about dealing with student uprisings.
    No they are actually WORSE about handling them these days...they let them and actually encourage them to happen now. Probably because the students that were inciting this kind of crap in the 60's are now the instructors at the same universities.

I am also showing how protester tactics haven't changed: hemming in the police (or soldiers) is a sure way to provoke a reaction because they panic when they are out of control and have to maintain control to do their job.
    The tactics haven't changed...and Dummies like you shouldn't expect the outcome to change either.