Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yes it was!! :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thanks, Gerry. Darlene seems pretty lost right now. She and Xena always played together and over the last month, Darlene had been comforting Xena. Right now she's laying on the twin daybed in our "computer room" near SR. We'll probably start looking for another dog shortly. There are so many dogs that need a home. Whatever we do, the decision is already made to get a rescue dog, but need to be sure that we get a non-aggressive dog. Darlene is a very sweet dog. I've hardly ever heard her growl.
    Sorry to hear about your pup. My mom's greyhound didn't quite know what to make of my Rottweiler because Portia was pushy, so the greyhound did the most annoying thing you can do to a pushy person, she went to her room and wouldn't play.

In truth, she has only recently started acting like a dog. When she first came to us, she was extremely shy, quiet, and stayed as much of the way as possible. Now she jumps up and down and barks (if you can call it that) when I arrive at Mom's house. She nuzzles and cuddles, and lies about needing to go out so she can have another treat.

Needless to say, I am the go-to guy in our family for doggie cuddles and kisses.
    While you were hanging yourself , on someone else's words
    Dying to believe in what you heard
    I was staring straight into the shining sun

Power CUer
    I'm late catching up with the news. Very sorry to hear it. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sorry to hear the news guys. Make sure you pay a lot of extra attention to Darlene. I just saw it with my mom last year where our dog passed away, and her cat followed shortly afterwards. They were best friends and when Ruffles died the cat just lost the will to live. He effectively starved himself to death over the next month.

With Darlene being alone now she may face similar issues. So make sure she's getting as much attention as possible and just watch her mood.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Sorry to hear the news guys. Make sure you pay a lot of extra attention to Darlene. I just saw it with my mom last year where our dog passed away, and her cat followed shortly afterwards. They were best friends and when Ruffles died the cat just lost the will to live. He effectively starved himself to death over the next month.

With Darlene being alone now she may face similar issues. So make sure she's getting as much attention as possible and just watch her mood.
    Not to worry, she is getting PLENTY of extra attention and food. She's making out like a bandit.:D

She was really down yesterday but is bouncing back.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Not to worry, she is getting PLENTY of extra attention and food. She's making out like a bandit.:D

She was really down yesterday but is bouncing back.
    That's good to hear. How are you guys holding up?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

That's good to hear. How are you guys holding up?
    Well her leaving us was sudden but we both know how painful and aggresive the greyhound bone cancer is and afer her leg swelled up I was pretty sure it was the endgame. She had also begun to lose weight VERY fast. There was no way I was going to make her suffer and SLW agreed so we did what was best.

We will probably have another pal for Darlene shortly...:)

Well her leaving us was sudden but we both know how painful and aggresive the greyhound bone cancer is and afer her leg swelled up I was pretty sure it was the endgame. She had also begun to lose weight VERY fast. There was no way I was going to make her suffer and SLW agreed so we did what was best.

We will probably have another pal for Darlene shortly...:)
    Get a Rotti. Can't go wrong with Rotti's. :D

Get a Rotti. Can't go wrong with Rotti's. :D
    House insurance company doesn't like em. If it was up to me I'd get a Dane or a Doberman but SLW would kill me. :D

House insurance company doesn't like em. If it was up to me I'd get a Dane or a Doberman but SLW would kill me. :D
    Yeah, DoD seems to have their heads up there ass about them as well. If I understand it correctly, they just recently based a military wide ban on them. I plan on living off base next assignment so I can get one, then they'll have to deal with it when they send me overseas.