Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 High School Reunions 
    Just got notified about my 10 year reunion.

I'm looking through the list of people who said they'd be there, and I don't even recognize half of them. There is only 2 people in my class that I even talk to anymore, and I really wouldn't even call them friends.

Almost all of my friends where in the class above me, or below.

I'm planning on going, but I'm not really sure why.

Anyone else have akward reunion experiences?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Yeah! Paseo High School 50 year reunion. I was on the organizing committee.

That's me in the black crewneck....

Not worth the time, expense or effort. All I found were some 68 and 69 year old high school kids.........DUH!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

The only reunion I've ever gone to was my 10th back in 1987. Nobody I knew was there and I ended up leaving after about an hour.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I only recently made the final decision not to attend my 50th. Leaving home at a young age and staying gone was a very good decision for me. The only reason - the real reason - I would have attended would be to show a few people how successful I had become. And that's a pretty lousy reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I only recently made the final decision not to attend my 50th. Leaving home at a young age and staying gone was a very good decision for me. The only reason - the real reason - I would have attended would be to show a few people how successful I had become. And that's a pretty lousy reason.
    Isn't that the only reason people go to these things? :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

I've been to one about 15 years ago. I hated it; everyone was still in their same silly little cliques. It was soooo boring. You would have thought by that time folks wouldn't have the insane need to show off. I've never been to another one. At least I have a good excuse to not go now---too far to return to St Louis from Florida vs I just plain don't want to see any of them. I never kept up with any of them. I had a lot more fun in college, but come to think of it, never went to a college reunion either. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I was lucky in the regards that I never belonged to a single clique. I kinda floated between them all. But it led to the side effect of having no real friends, as I mentioned up above.

There are a few that I'm hoping to see. Probably would have enjoyed seeing more if I was still single. :D

I went to my 20 year reunion in 2002. I didn't have a lot of fun. I was a lot heavier than I am today (and in high school), and my sister was really sick that weekend.

My 30 year reunion is next fall. I'm going to go, and get a pretty new dress to wear. I look so much better than at the last one.

I went to my 25th about a month ago. I had the best time; a beautiful day in Savannah, and a great night at the Hilton! I was glad to see everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Isn't that the only reason people go to these things? :D
    Pretty much. And that's why so many people come away disappointed. If everyone had the same motive, which is to put their success on display, then who is going to care about your success? No one.

For me, it was a great exercise in introspection. I mean, I sat down and asked myself why I really want to go, and the answer wasn't very pleasant. I wanted to go so that I could stick it all in "their" faces. And that, I confess, was pretty small of me.

If my actual motive - the one I think about most of the time - would have been 'to connect with long lost friends' then I could see where I would have a great time. But that wasn't my real motive.

I'm glad I had that little talk with myself.:)