Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Does Race Matter In '08? 
    Leah Moreland, the woman who said she grew up sheltered from prejudice, plans to vote for McCain. Party loyalty is also part of her decision. But her cultural compass also comes into play. She says her gut tells her not to trust Obama.

"I look at Obama, and I have a question in my mind," she says. "Years ago, was he taken into the Muslim faith? And my concern is the only way you are no longer a Muslim is if you are dead, killed. So in my mind, he's still alive."

Although Barack Obama has said repeatedly he is not a Muslim and has never been a Muslim, Moreland is still unconvinced.

"There is something about him I don't trust," she says. "I don't care how good a speaker he is, I just can't trust him."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=94523754
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

YES - to BLACK people race matters in 2008.

And - YES - I also think Obama is a closet muslim.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    So you're the lady they interiviewed? ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Unfortunately, there are many people on BOTH SIDES who will cast their vote simply because of race. If I am not mistaken, it was Obie who started to play the race card, so IMO, he opened that can of worms first. It was bound to happen. If he didn't do it, some idiot like Jessie would have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    YES - to BLACK people race matters in 2008.

May I ask why you believe this? I see Barry more as the Black Liberation Theology type (like Jerimiah Wright and Leah Daughtry (the minister that had so much input into the Democratic platform.) That dovetails with his connections with William Ayers. But I am willing to be open minded.

So the question comes to my mind: Do Muslims believe that all not of their faith should be exterminated? And if so - what percentage believe that? And, vice versa - What do Evangelical Christians believe?

Race does not matter to me, at all. SnObama is just an empty suit. :D

Race does still matter today. It will always matter until we shut the fuck up about race. People can't forget race when it's constantly thrown up in everyone's face.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

you're a fool if you vote for anything other than the candidates stance on the issues and the content of their character. I have never let the color of a persons skin sway what I think of them any more than I let the color of their eyes sway me.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

You bet race matters, Obama is our first Afirmative Action candidate. Is he qualified?

No.