Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Occupy D.C. turns on Democrats 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    http://occupydc.org/action-alert-occ...to-the-people/

On the two-month anniversary of Occupy DC representing the voices and interests of the 99%, we will march on a Democratic Party fundraiser charging $5,000-$75,000 per dinner. This elitist event is indicative of how the Democrats represent a major part of our government’s failure to represent 99% of its citizenry. The party is part and parcel of a government in which about half of congressional members and most major presidential candidates are 1%ers — a government of the 1%, by the 1% and for the 1%. Because no party is representing the 99%, and because money should never equal speech, we are marching on a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Between 2009 and 2011, Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House. In that time, unemployment reached its highest level since the Great Depression. The big banks that crashed the global economy were not broken up, and are still “too big to fail.” Taxes on the extremely wealthy stayed low. Health care and financial reform were deeply flawed, handicapped by lobbyist influence. Promises to take action on climate change, immigration reform, and anti-worker labor laws were forgotten. Wars expanded and dragged on. Banks got bailed out, while crushing debt burdens on American households have still not been relieved. Now, 15 Senate Democrats have voted against the Udall Amendment to the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act — essentially voting to dissolve habeas corpus in this country. It has become increasingly clear that the Democratic Party is fundamentally compromised by its reliance on corporate funding.

The DCCC is a vehicle for the 1 percent’s influence in the Democratic Party and in America as a whole. It has received nearly $4 million in donations from the financial industry already this election cycle. Rep. Steve Israel, the chair of the committee and its top fundraiser, has received more support from the financial sector than from any other source, and his top donor is the war-machine producing defense contractor Northrop Grumman. The minimum donation for the event on Thursday is $5,000 and the maximum is $75,000 -– when candidates are getting such lavish donations from wealthy individuals and corporate-sponsored political action committees, how can we expect them to attend to the needs of the 99 percent?
    Today, on Twitter:
    Occupy DC protesters will protest @DCCC fundraiser this evening "The DCCC is a vehicle for the 1 percent’s influence..."
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

"God bless them."

*snort*

*chortle*

*snicker*

PFAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

Fucking idiot moonbats! Gawd, they're just the gift that keeps on giving. George Will had it exactly right: "I wish the occupy movement a long and healthy life; I hope they make it all the way through to next November."

LMAO!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    George Will had it exactly right: "I wish the occupy movement a long and healthy life; I hope they make it all the way through to next November."

LMAO!
    I believe they will.

I imagine the "free speech zones" for the two conventions will be huge ...... and a few miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I believe they will.

I imagine the "free speech zones" for the two conventions will be huge ...... and a few miles away.
    I'm planning on bringing brass knuckles to the one in Charlotte.

rm -rf obama*

I believe they will.

Well, they'll have plenty of time on their hands since most of them will never work again. Who the hell would hire them?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I believe they will.

And hopefully downwind for the protestors at the RNC.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I'm planning on bringing brass knuckles to the one in Charlotte.
    Better bring rubber gloves, too.

Blech.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I believe they will.

That "zone" is a stench free zone and it will be measured proportionate to the stink emanating from the idiot corral.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    That "zone" is a stench free zone and it will be measured proportionate to the stink emanating from the idiot corral.
    The fun starts when the Tea Party and OWS are corralled together.