Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Plane Crash Friday Near Me 
    I've mentioned before that I live literally across the street from an airport runway.
    I saw my third plane crash yesterday morning. The first two fell in the roadway.
    but this one took out three houses. Amazingly, the pilot walked away with just
    a broken arm. No one was hurt on the ground. I was just leaving for work and
    had to pull over for the fire trucks to go by. There were definitely some angels
    working overtime yesterday morning in Midland,Tx.

I'm typing on an iPad at the moment and can't copy the picture over, but this is
    an amazing story with pictures at the link.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stori...b3958d408.html

Last edited by Kay; 12-04-2011 at 02:17 AM.

I can't believe that lady walked away from her house. Very lucky.

Pilot walked away too with only scratches and a broken arm.

I was in Jr. High in 1983 when a twin engine Piper from the Louisiana Dept. Of Corrections took out some apartments at the opposite end of the same runway. Killed everyone on board and 4 people on the ground.

They've talked as long as I've lived in Midland about moving that airport...at one point I THOUGHT they even had broken ground for the new country airport. Guess they didn't.

But as much as Midland has grown north and surrounded that airport they REALLY need to get it moved before one of these incidents turns very deadly.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What bijou said!!! :eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What bijou said!!! :eek:
    Someone was looking out for her. She said in the paper that she normally was still asleep at that time of day but she decided to get up early and do some Holiday baking.

The plane made IIRC a direct hit on her bedroom where she normally would have been sleeping.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Pilot walked away too with only scratches and a broken arm.

I was in Jr. High in 1983 when a twin engine Piper from the Louisiana Dept. Of Corrections took out some apartments at the opposite end of the same runway. Killed everyone on board and 4 people on the ground.

They've talked as long as I've lived in Midland about moving that airport...at one point I THOUGHT they even had broken ground for the new country airport. Guess they didn't.

But as much as Midland has grown north and surrounded that airport they REALLY need to get it moved before one of these incidents turns very deadly.
    The Midland crash occurred on September 24, 1982. It was a Beech 58B.
    http://aircrashed.com/accident/FTW82AA391.shtml

5 Hurt As Plane Hits Texas Apartments
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2345,4003997

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Someone was looking out for her. She said in the paper that she normally was still asleep at that time of day but she decided to get up early and do some Holiday baking.

The plane made IIRC a direct hit on her bedroom where she normally would have been sleeping.
    Yeah, it really makes one stop and think about it. Why on this one particular morning did this 81 year old decide to get up that early and bake Christmas cookies? And why out of the blue did this one strong young (hence fearless) 20 year old man decide out of the blue to pay an unexpected visit to his mother at 7:30 AM on this day right across the street. He was the one that rushed in and pulled the pilot out of the fire.

It's just one of those Christmas miricle stories that goes to show God puts us all exactly where we need to be at any given time. It will be interesting to hear exactly what went wrong. He was coming in to land in heavy fog.

Txradio, I have heard stories about the 1982 crash. That was before I lived in Midland so I don't remember it, but everyone still talks about it. Thank goodness this one didn't kill anybody. They do need to move it now that the town has grown so much around it.

I'm glad that you and yours are okay.

I'm glad that you and everybody involved is okay. Are you sure you want to keep living there?