Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm glad that you and everybody involved is okay. Are you sure you want to keep living there?
    Yes I love watching the planes come and go.
    Especially the baby business jets.
    If one of those ever crashes it will be bad.

There were also 4 fatalities in 1994 when another crashed into
    a house I hear, besides the one Tx and Red are talking about above.

Well ....... had another one crash land today. This one lost power while coming in to land.
    It was piloted by two instructors, so they safely put it down on a side street, right in between
    a 7-11 store on one side and an apartment complex on the other. Great job by the pilot and no
    injuries. Both occupants of the plane walked away without a scratch. Pictures at the link:

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=31122

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Well ....... had another one crash land today. This one lost power while coming in to land.
    It was piloted by two instructors, so they safely put it down on a side street, right in between
    a 7-11 store on one side and an apartment complex on the other. Great job by the pilot and no
    injuries. Both occupants of the plane walked away without a scratch. Pictures at the link:

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=31122
    Did you see the FB discussion on the KWEL site the other day? The people saying that the air park shouldn't be moved cause it was there first?

Wonder what they'll say now?

The county just needs to go ahead and move the airpark out to the property they bought in Martin County or close it down and move the aircraft at the county airpark to Midland International and be done with it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

For this wanting to know what Kay and I are talking about here is a map of North Midland and the county owned Air Park. The airpark actually used to have a third runway but it was closed a few years ago when the overpass was constructed on loop 250 at Garfield. The two recent crashes as well as the fatal crash in 1982 happened along the East/West runway that runs the length of Loop 250. The Crash yesterday happened as the plane was approaching from the west. The crash last month happened as the plane was taking off towards the east. The 1982 crash hit the apartments at the wear en of the runway about three blocks closer to the runway than the crash yesterday.

In 1981 when I moved to Midland 3 quarters of what you see in that satellite shot wasn't there.

Last edited by txradioguy; 12-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Had another one crash over the weekend. :eek:

http://www.kwes.com/story/16970122/s...il&Format=HTML

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What bijou said!!! :eek:
    What SR said! Wow.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

She's been shootin' the clay saucers again!
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 02-20-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Holy Cow! ... Kay! :eek:

What a story, and yet another crash this weekend, if I read it correctly?

Mercy! Am glad that you are OK!

~ ABC