1. #1 NETFLIX Hates Christmas! 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to inform all of you that NETFLIX hates Christmas. Here's why:

I did a search on the word "Christmas" on NETFLIX on my Google TV. Every single time, the search engine either added an 's' to the word "Christmas" or deleted an 's' from the word "Christmas". In other words, the term "Christmas" is an unacceptable search term on NETFLIX.

I called up NETFLIX to try and resolve the situation, but all they said was that it is Google's fault, because Google controls the application. Naturally, I didn't believe this, because if NETFLIX really didn't want to be "politically correct", then the Christmas specials would not have been catagorized under "Holiday", which I explained to the guy that this could mean 4th of July, New Year's Eve or Haloween, in the first place.

So should I cancel my $17+/month subscription as a result of this??

Please help me out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I did a search on the word "Christmas" on NETFLIX on my Google TV. Every single time, the search engine either added an 's' to the word "Christmas" or deleted an 's' from the word "Christmas". In other words, the term "Christmas" is an unacceptable search term on NETFLIX.

I called up NETFLIX to try and resolve the situation, but all they said was that it is Google's fault, because Google controls the application. Naturally, I didn't believe this, because if NETFLIX really didn't want to be "politically correct", then the Christmas specials would not have been catagorized under "Holiday", which I explained to the guy that this could mean 4th of July, New Year's Eve or Haloween, in the first place.

You have to decide whether to cxl or not. I have Netflix and so far am pleased I don't have any other TV so it is NFlix or nothing.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Its not that they hate Xmas. I take it you have what I have. If so, its a programing issue, one that neither Google, or Netflix seem interested in fixing.

Put it in perspective. I can no longer watch Netflix due to it. It happened with their last update. There is a bad line in it.

Far as their "Categorizing" Xmas as a "Holiday" movie, no real biggy. Its a general category for them, to cut down on endless amounts of categories for people to have to wade through.

Far as Netflix goes, I found them reasonable priced when they worked, but their selection too small, and in many cases, dated.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I used Netflix for about a day. I liked the streaming idea but their streaming movies were at best 2 years old or older. I had Blockbuster online but cancelled them as well. Don't need either with on-demand these days as new movies are available on demand as soon as they're released on dvd.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.