Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Are you just saying stupid shit for the sake of stupid shit these days?

Trust me, others have come before you that were much better at it than you are.
    No JB he's saying what he honestly believes.

Which to me is more frightening than if he were just making shit up to piss us off.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No JB he's saying what he honestly believes.

Which to me is more frightening than if he were just making shit up to piss us off.
    I was really hoping he was just stirring shit.

Otherwise, what he's saying is "If the US has top secret advanced weapons systems that give us a tactical and strategic advantage over everyone else, why can't they have that technology too"?

It's thinking like that, that's going to get us all killed. Hopefully the guy never runs for congress. Who knows what he'd be willing to sell to our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Otherwise, what he's saying is "If the US has top secret advanced weapons systems that give us a tactical and strategic advantage over everyone else, why can't they have that technology too"?
    That's exactly what he is saying. And it's exactly what he believes too. It's the same thinking that allows places like the NY Times to release details on covert operations we are conducting against al-Qaeda and the Taliban and not lose a minutes sleep. They look at is as their patriotic duty to ensure we are not superior to anyone else in the name of fairness. And today that line of thinking starts at the very top and continues downward.

It's thinking like that, that's going to get us all killed. Hopefully the guy never runs for congress. Who knows what he'd be willing to sell to our enemies.
    And they'll do it all in the name of "fairness".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Killing scores of people, including civilians, with inaccurate weapons, in nations that we are not at war with, from the comfort of a control room half a globe away, is not "superior".

Drones are not accurate, they cause a lot of collateral damage, innocents are killed, and it's done in a way that is truly frightening. We aren't even at war with some of these countries, and we have a method of killing people that is similar to a video game.

It is a terrifying concept. I also think nuclear weapons are terrifying, and the United States building and using them kick-started a paranoid half-century where everyone is panicked about being blown up. Once you open up these cans of worms, you take us into a new era. You cannot expect the US to be the only nation that has these technologies for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Using the atomic bombs on Japan was a bad thing?
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Killing scores of people, including civilians, with inaccurate weapons, in nations that we are not at war with, from the comfort of a control room half a globe away, is not "superior......
    We were attacked by, and continue to be threatened by, civilians. Most of us don't care what nation they are hiding in.
    The control room is comfortable. That seems to be an issue? Maybe we could make it less comfortable. Happy?:)

The world will go on without you. There is nothing you can do. You don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    It ended the war swiftly and saved American lives, but it also opened up a can of worms and entered us into an era of nuclear paranoia. It also killed hundreds of thousands of civilians.

It may be too simplistic to label it as "good" or "bad". These things tend to have many consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It ended the war swiftly and saved American lives, but it also opened up a can of worms and entered us into an era of nuclear paranoia. It also killed hundreds of thousands of civilians.

It may be too simplistic to label it as "good" or "bad". These things tend to have many consequences.
    Is the life of a soldier worth less than a civilian?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    According to Liberals it was. Never mind how many lives it saved on both sides and the years it cut off the length of the war.

Somehow in the eyes of Liberals we have no moral authority to tell anyone what to do because we've nuked another country.

Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei
    Killing scores of people, including civilians, with inaccurate weapons, in nations that we are not at war with, from the comfort of a control room half a globe away, is not "superior......
    You mean like the Taliban did to us on 9/11?