Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute' 
    Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04...-teacher-cute/

Serious, WTF???????????????

If it had been a male teacher it would have been acceptable no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04...-teacher-cute/

Serious, WTF???????????????
    There's got to be more to this. First, one stray comment of "cute" does not fit the legal definition of sexual harassment. I am quoting from my six hour online course. :) Second, this is a 9-year old! There has to be something else to this: was he exposing himself or throwing a chair?

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements."

The district's Code of Conduct doesn't list "inappropriate behavior," but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out-of-school suspension.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04...#ixzz1fir9iD6r
    Last edited by Elspeth; 12-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    There's got to be more to this. First, one stray comment of "cute" does not fit the legal definition of sexual harassment. I am quoting from my six hour online course. :) Second, this is a 9-year old! There has to be something else to this: was he exposing himself or throwing a chair?
    Keep in mind that last week another young kid was being disciplined by his school for sexual harrasment after kicking a bully attacking him in the junk.

Your thinking that the people enforcing these rules are actually using their brains when trying to determine what is innappropriate.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Keep in mind that last week another young kid was being disciplined by his school for sexual harrasment after kicking a bully attacking him in the junk.

Your thinking that the people enforcing these rules are actually using their brains when trying to determine what is innappropriate.
    The bully was attacking his "junk?":D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    The bully was attacking his "junk?":D
    I believe that the bully was attacking the victim, and that the victim kicked the bully in the "junk."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Maybe the teacher was male.;)

Or maybe the teacher thought she was 'hot' and resented being called anything else.

Maybe we should pay teachers more so that having a cute teacher would not be such an anomaly.:D

Maybe she looks like a toad, and the kid was being sarcastic.:D

We'll never know. The school administration has closed ranks so that their stupidity would not be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I believe that the bully was attacking the victim, and that the victim kicked the bully in the "junk."
    That's sexual harassment now?

It's below the belt--literally--but boys do this kind of crap all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

You may be right, but legally speaking, a stray comment is not sexual harassment, and unless the kid had pulled down his pants and was parading his willy around the classroom, the parents should sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I knoes. I was just poking Jonesy.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand