Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pretty sick display. For shock value and getting Christians riled up. Ignorant people.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

It doesn't look like Santa is being cruicified, it looks like the cross is a structure to hang the effigy from. It doesn't look like Santa. It looks like "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Ted Nugent once posed for a cover of a now-defunct local alternative paper at Christmas time. The photo was staged so that it appeared that he was picking Santa's reindeer off of his roof with a hunting rifle. One of the inside photos was of Ted standing over what appeared to be Santa's freshly shot corpse.

I found it hilarious at the time, but Ted tried to stop them from printing it after he thought it over.

This is a public display, where kids who still believe in Santa will see it. That's just not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    It doesn't look like Santa is being cruicified, it looks like the cross is a structure to hang the effigy from. It doesn't look like Santa. It looks like "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
    I saw it the same way.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Loudoun’s ‘Skeleton Santa’ dismantler speaks

...Czarnecki, a longtime Leesburg resident, drove past the courthouse, saw the jauntily posed sacrilege, and figured there was a mistake. It’ll be gone soon. But later, it was still there.

She thought about the children who might see it, and be traumatized by a possibly crucified Santa. (She’s a young grandmother.) She was offended as a Christian at the use of the cross. It did not seem funny, and the implied message of “Christmas commercialized to death” seemed insignificant to Czarnecki.

“So I parked my car and walked over,” she said. And though she hadn’t planned it, and certainly didn’t realize she’d be filmed by a local TV news crew, soon the controversial Kringle was neatly lying on the ground.

...Rather than rip it to the ground, she carefully picked Santa and the suit off the cross and laid it down piece by piece. As she did, she thought to herself, “This is awful. Everybody knows this is awful. Is there any question it’s inappropriate.”

...“And I left,” Czarnecki said, calmly walking away. The display was later restored, then torn down again and damaged over the weekend, the Loudoun Times-Mirror reported.

“I was deeply offended,” Czarnecki said. “It felt like a spiritual assault. The cross is a symbol that Christians and non-Christians recognize. Nobody has the right to put up such a thing.” There has not been any indication that she will be charged with anything, she said.

I asked whether the creator of the piece, Jeff Heflin Jr. of Middleburg, had a First Amendment right to freedom of speech in this instance. “I don’t think that’s correct,” Czarnecki said. “Nobody can put whatever they want. If you deliberately attack a religion, it was threatening.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z2

"deliberately attack a religion"?

Video at linky.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Is there a scarecrow in a cornfield anyplace that is not held up by a cross?