Thread: NAACP Warns Black and Hispanic Americans Could Lose Right to Vote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NAACP Warns Black and Hispanic Americans Could Lose Right to Vote 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Here we go again with this horse shit...

xchrom (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-07-11 06:22 AM
    Original message NAACP Warns Black and Hispanic Americans Could Lose Right to Vote

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/12/06-3

The largest civil rights group in America, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), is petitioning the UN over what it sees as a concerted efforted to disenfranchise black and Latino voters ahead of next year's presidential election.

The organisation will this week present evidence to the UN high commissioner on human rights of what it contends is a conscious attempt to "block the vote" on the part of state legislatures across the US. Next March the NAACP will send a delegation of legal experts to Geneva to enlist the support of the UN human rights council.

The NAACP contends that the America in the throes of a consciously conceived and orchestrated move to strip black and other ethnic minority groups of the right to vote. William Barber, a member of the association's national board, said it was the "most vicious, co-ordinated and sinister attack to narrow participation in our democracy since the early 20th century".

In its report, Defending Democracy: Confronting Modern Barriers to Voting Rights in America, the NAACP explores the voter supression measures taking place particularly in southern and western states.

You know DUmmies, sometimes people have to get up off their asses and find a way to get to a DMV office. If people want to vote, there should be a requirement to provide valid ID. The Lefts moronic views on this issue have always amused me. They scream about Voter Fraud but want to foster an environment that will only encourage it. Morons.

You want to vote? Get a fucking ID. No ID and you get your sorry ass booted out of the polling place. I don't give a shit what color you are. Find a a way to get one. Your "brothers & sisters" of OWS seem to have tons of free time, ask those losers for help.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Crap this is going all the way to the High Commissioner? I want out. Please don't make me face the High Commissioner.

The big complaint isn't voter ID, it's that felons do not have the right to vote.

Fabulous Poster
    Studies have showed that the proportion of voters who do not have access to valid photo ID cards is much higher among older African-Americans because they were not given birth certificates in the days of segregation. Students and young voters also often lack identification and are thus in danger of being stripped of their right to vote.

They keep trotting this one out. It's pure bullshit. One time on DU (before I was banned) someone ran this claim, "Blacks were even given birth certificates in Mississippi (or some state) until (I forgot the year)." Well naturally I couldn't resist checking that one out. Of course I discovered that birth certificates weren't issued in that state for ANYONE prior to the given year.

Having said that, I don't see what the problem is with tradition identification. You go to your designated polling place, tell them your name, they look you up, you state your address, they confirm it, and you go vote. That name and address cannot vote again in that poll. The potential for fraud here is not only miniscule, it would be logistically impossible to run a major fraud campaign with these roadblocks.

As for felons, sorry, that's part of your punishment is that you forfeit your civil rights. Maybe you should have thought about that, perhaps while you were joking about how you were "going on vacation" as they hauled you off to prison?

The UN will find the U.S. guilty of voter suppression/intimidation if given half a chance. The only ones voting not guilty will be Israel and European countries, and they are far outnumbered by Arabs countries, Chinese sympathizers, and Russians who will gleefully stick us in the eye.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe the UN finding the U.S. guilty of voter suppression/intimidation will be the last straw and we'll just give up on the whole idea of one country - one vote.

Blacks weren't given birth certificates!

obama's BC is obviously a FAKE.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Blacks weren't given birth certificates!

obama's BC is obviously a FAKE.
    Good one, Annelle!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Here we go again with this horse shit...

You know DUmmies, sometimes people have to get up off their asses and find a way to get to a DMV office. If people want to vote, there should be a requirement to provide valid ID. The Lefts moronic views on this issue have always amused me. They scream about Voter Fraud but want to foster an environment that will only encourage it. Morons.

You want to vote? Get a fucking ID. No ID and you get your sorry ass booted out of the polling place. I don't give a shit what color you are. Find a a way to get one. Your "brothers & sisters" of OWS seem to have tons of free time, ask those losers for help.
    The largest race baiting group in America...
    Fixed that for them.
    They scream about Voter Fraud but want to foster an environment that will only encourage it. Morons.
    Because they are the biggest perps of it. Voter intimidation in 2008, was it a bunch of redneck hicks in Muscle Shoals Alabama? Nope. 2 members of a radical black separatist group in Philadelphia. Voter fraud, was it the Christian Coalition? Nope, ACORN. Obama's comrades in arms. But here's the funny thing. You need an ID to open up a bank account. I get the feeling that there are a considerable amount of blacks and Hispanics who use banks. Even check cashing places require a photo ID. You also need an ID to rent a library book or from Blockbuster.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Wait! No way. More blatant lies, race baiting, and class warfare from the left. Say it isn't true.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Since when do we go to the UN over these things?