Thread: Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'

1. #1 Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence' 
    Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.

During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009. Major Nidal Hasan, a former Army psychiatrist, who is being held for the attacks, allegedly was inspired by radical U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in late September. The two men exchanged as many as 20 emails, according to U.S. officials, and Awlaki declared Hasan a hero.

The chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Connecticut independent Sen. Joe Lieberman, said the military has become a "direct target of violent Islamist extremism" within the United States.
    "The stark reality is that the American service member is increasingly in the terrorists' scope and not just overseas in a traditional war setting," Lieberman told Fox News before the start of Wednesday's hearing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1fsWFoUKd
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Stunning

Give it a couple more years and it will just be known as bullying.

And 9/11 will be referred to as "That Tuesday Misunderstanding".

Fabulous Poster
    Notice how when the Fort Hood Islamic attack happened, all the news orgs, including Fox were in lockstep in the pronunciation of his name? They all called him "hass-inn" and I can't recall one using his full actual name. They all called him by his rank and last name "hass'-inn" rather than Hah-sahn. I have no idea how he personally pronounces his name, and really don't care, but in this country Arabs with the name Hasan or any of its variants are pronounced Hah-sahn are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Notice how when the Fort Hood Islamic attack happened, all the news orgs, including Fox were in lockstep in the pronunciation of his name? They all called him "hass-inn" and I can't recall one using his full actual name. They all called him by his rank and last name "hass'-inn" rather than Hah-sahn. I have no idea how he personally pronounces his name, and really don't care, but in this country Arabs with the name Hasan or any of its variants are pronounced Hah-sahn are they not?
    I know a fellow officer who spells his name Hasan and pronounces it Hass- in. He is anti muslim as they come.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Obama couldn't show his contempt for the military any more if he pissed on every grave at Arlington. I hate this man with every fiber of my being.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Fat people are really just "big boned" you know?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Or "Airborne structural anomaly".
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein