1. #1 A day which will live in infamy 
    Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan. Today marks the 70th anniversary.

My late great grandfather saw the war firsthand

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post

My late great grandfather saw the war firsthand
    I bet he had some stories to tell you!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I bet he had some stories to tell you!
    He did,he said on the day of the war,the streets of Honolulu were lined with caskets.

He died in 2008 and i have been missing him since.

People say the loss of a loved one gets better,but it doesn't seem to.

He did,he said on the day of the war,the streets of Honolulu were lined with caskets.

He died in 2008 and i have been missing him since.

I lost a very close friend and WW2 veteran last year so I know what you mean, their wisdom and friendship cannot be replaced and you will always miss them.:(
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Give it time Hai ... it will get better. I never thought that I would get over my mother's passing, she was 65 when I was 45 ... but I did. It hurt a lot at the time, but you learn to deal with it. I still miss her and always will.

Consequently, when my dad passed away at 87 years old, I had already dealt with all the feelings that you go through, and though it also hurt, I knew that I would get through it.

As for spouses, children, or siblings passing ... don't even want to think about it.

On the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor?

Have been there, it is such a beautiful place for something so unthinkable to have happen.

Hubby and I and some friends, stood on the shrine and looked down upon the USS Arizona, is very visible and is very unsettling to think that approx. 1100 are still in the ship. Their families decided to let them remain.

The whole time you are in the shrine the PA system is speaking out the names of all who died. Is very touching and heartbreaking.

May God rest their souls!

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 12-07-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Give it time Hai ... it will get better. I never thought that I would get over my mother's passing, she was 65 when I was 45 ... but I did. It hurt a lot at the time, but you learn to deal with it. I still miss her and always will.

Consequently, when my dad passed away at 87 years old, I had already dealt with all the feelings that you go through, and though it also hurt, I knew that I would get through it.

As for spouses, children, or siblings passing ... don't even want to think about it.

On the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor?

Have been there, it is such a beautiful place for something so unthinkable to have happen.

Hubby and I and some friends, stood on the shrine and looked down upon the USS Arizona, is very visible and is very unsettling to think that approx. 1100 are still in the ship. Their families decided to let them remain.

The whole time you are in the shrine the PA system is speaking out the names of all who died. Is very touching and heartbreaking.

May God rest their souls!

~ ABC
    I also was there in Hawaii. It was very touching. I was with a large group that was fortunate enough to have a banquet on the US Missouri. We had the entire ship to ourselves, with young Navy people serving as guides. I'll never forget that experience.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My grandfather fought in the war as well. He passed away before I was old enough to have even heard of the war, so I never got to hear any of his stories. I do know he was involved in helping to clear out one of the concentration camps.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.