1. #1 Poor Cardinals :( 

The Hated Angels.

Grrrrrr .....

They got CJ Wilson, too.

Very sad day for Cards fans, although it was expected. The Cards didn't have the cash to meet those huge offers.

Thanks to Albert for 11 great years. He is a true champion and will be very missed. I'm just glad that the Cards won the World Series in 2011. It's going to be tough next year without LaRussa and Pujols.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Poor Cardinals? I say poor Angels.

Pujols is, and will remain, in decline. 37 homers and 99 RBIs does not $25 mil a year make. In three years he'll be nothing more than mediocre. The Cardinals did themselves a favor by not matching that offer.

Like the Giants last year, the reigning WS champions will fail to make the playoffs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Pujols is, and will remain, in decline. 37 homers and 99 RBIs does not $25 mil a year make. In three years he'll be nothing more than mediocre. The Cardinals did themselves a favor by not matching that offer.

Like the Giants last year, the reigning WS champions will fail to make the playoffs next year.
    I'm in too good of a mood with our new greyhound pooch to let you rile me today. You might be right about Pujols not worth that much money as an older player, but who knows?

And you never know---the Cards just might do well next year.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm in too good of a mood with our new greyhound pooch to let you rile me today.
    LOL. I'm not trying to rile anyone. You should be grateful the Cardinals won't be dragging his ass around for the next 10 years.

The Phillies will be dragging Howard around for the next 5 and I am not happy about that.

LOL. I'm not trying to rile anyone. You should be grateful the Cardinals won't be dragging his ass around for the next 10 years.

The Phillies will be dragging Howard around for the next 5 and I am not happy about that.
    Yeah, for all Pujols former talk about the Cardinals being his baseball home, it just proves that money talks. I wonder if he'll keep his restaurant that he has in the Westport area of St Louis. They had pretty good food at reasonable prices. We used to enjoy eating there.

We got the best 10-11 years of Pujols. I wish them well. The Cards would do better with that money getting some new, younger players.

"

The Hated Angels will have a 25 million dollar DH within three years. Maybe two.

Probably why he went to the AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The Hated Angels will have a 25 million dollar DH within three years. Maybe two.

Probably why he went to the AL.
    Absolutely. And it's more than me just knocking his skills.

He's a big man. Them guys don't last long on an everyday basis. I won't even go into the rumors that he's actually older than his 31 years. :D

Hey, he got the money and good for him. If I was a Cardinals fan I would be happy with this move. Although, getting him out of the NL ain't too bad either.

$25 mil a year for seven or so years as a DH? I don't think so.

A local kid made his debut with the Angels last year, Mike Trout. Can't imagine what he's going to learn from Pujols. Nothing like having the best player in the game as a mentor...even though said mentor is a whining cry baby. However, he is a political conservative(he and LaRussa spoke at Beck's rally last year).
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.