Thread: Are you ready?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Are you ready? 
    I interrupt this forum to bring you my favorite Christmas Carol of all time, ready or not! :D

I just love, love, love CHRISTMAS!

Mr. ABC is making dinner, and I am decorating the tree. A real Charlie Brown looking one that he cut down himself from out the back in our woods. Love it anyway ... perhaps because it is a Charlie Brown one, and not perfect.

Here ya go! Is the Harry Simeone Chorale version. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqW7Z_lj_M

~ ABC

Good stuff, thanks to both - I am not Christian nor religious, but my favorite is little Drummer boy for as long as I can recall.

This one was what pushed me to learn the piano - I don't know how to embed youtube videos, but here is link: http://youtu.be/Hajwg6kxpQ4

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I have every DVD Celtic Woman have made, I can't get enough of them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have every DVD Celtic Woman have made, I can't get enough of them.
    They are indeed marvelous!

Years ago I worked at a Scottish Inn when my sister died. After taking a few days off I had a grueling shift (16 hours) and since I lived so far from work, they always gave me a room to stay in for those long days. ANYHOW...It was a winter night and the boss and I had a couple rum and cokes after our work was finished. Very relaxed, I wandered up to my room. On the table in my room was a CD player, a condolence card and a small wrapped gift. I read the card and opened the package...It was one of their CD's. I got ready for bed, turned on the CD and laid in bed under the skylight, during a full moon, watching the snow softly falling and cried my heart out. Very cathartic. Those Celtic women will always have a soft place in my heart.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

My favorite Christmas song is "Do You Hear What I Hear". The version I remember from my childhood is Nat King Cole's. I have a CD by a local singer, Thornetta Davis, which has a great version of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My favorite Christmas song is "Do You Hear What I Hear". The version I remember from my childhood is Nat King Cole's. I have a CD by a local singer, Thornetta Davis, which has a great version of the song.
    Rats, Noonwitch!

Now you've got me reaching for the kleenex. My childhood was filled with songs from Nat King Cole's music. My father, back in the 50's, used to play him and Mantovanni (sp?) on the "stereo" til the cows came home, every weekend.

Don't have the time to keep looking on youtube for your song ... but found this for you.

Hope you like it. Has beautiful images as well. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jODKhUoFxzA

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 12-12-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Rats, Noonwitch!

Now you've got me reaching for the kleenex. My childhood was filled with songs from Nat King Cole's music. My father, back in the 50's, used to play him and Mantovanni (sp?) on the "stereo" til the cows came home, every weekend.

~ ABC
    Oops! One more correction then outta here!

Just remembered, back in the 50's was known as a "hi-fi" not a stereo.

Good grief, am showing my age again! :o

~ ABC