Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fear Of Big Government At Near-record Level 

In U.S., Fear of Big Government at Near-Record Level
    Democrats lead increase in concerns about big government

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' concerns about the threat of big government continue to dwarf those about big business and big labor, and by an even larger margin now than in March 2009. The 64% of Americans who say big government will be the biggest threat to the country is just one percentage point shy of the record high, while the 26% who say big business is down from the 32% recorded during the recession. Relatively few name big labor as the greatest threat.

>>>>>

Bottom Line

Americans' concerns about the threat of big government are near record-high levels. The Occupy Wall Street movement, focused on "fighting back against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations," has drawn much attention and a large following. Still, the majority of Americans do not view big business as the greatest threat to the country when asked to choose among big business, big government, and big labor. In fact, Americans' concerns about big business have declined significantly since 2009.

Additionally, while Occupy Wall Street isn't necessarily affiliated with a particular party, its anti-big business message may not be resonating with majorities in any party. Republicans, independents, and now close to half of Democrats are more concerned about the threat of big government than that coming from big business.

----------------------------------------------------

Shouldnt surprise most people. We all know that when corporations make mistakes thousands of people can be affected. But when the govt blunders the entire nation or in some instances nations feel the consequences. And not necessarily in the short run. It sometimes results in generational consequences. And in some instances it cannot be reversed.

So yeah - BIG Govt rightly should concern citizens with a dimes worth of common sense.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

If this is true, then how is it that two big government conservatives in "Newt Romney" are leading most national Republican polls among so called "Conservatives" in the early primary states?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    If this is true, then how is it that two big government conservatives in "Newt Romney" are leading most national Republican polls among so called "Conservatives" in the early primary states?
    They are not conservative number 1. Conservative and Republican are not necessarily the same thing. You can be from New Jersey and also be from America. But just because your from America doesnt mean your from New Jersey.

#2. Polls are generally made to "create news" to fit an agenda anymore. So I dont put a lot of credence into them. They said Ronald Reagan was about 20 points down from Jimmy Carter ... then Reagan won by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    They are not conservative number 1. Conservative and Republican are not necessarily the same thing. You can be from New Jersey and also be from America. But just because your from America doesnt mean your from New Jersey.

#2. Polls are generally made to "create news" to fit an agenda anymore. So I dont put a lot of credence into them. They said Ronald Reagan was about 20 points down from Jimmy Carter ... then Reagan won by a landslide.
    Polling has come a long way since Reagan Carter. There are ones you can trust more than others...but there's no reason to completely discount "polling" for the sake of the agenda they can create.

See.... the most accurate polls were right in 2008 about who would win Iowa and NH in the Republican primary. And two big government boobs like Newt and Romney are leading in those states among "likely" Republican voter's.

I know they are not necessarily the same thing, but when most of us here talk about "Conservatives"...I don't hear much talk about any other party.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Big Business, Big Labor, or Big Government. Which has the ability to take your money, property, and freedoms?

Big Business and Big Labor can do none of these without the backing of Big Government.

That's how I view it anyways.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Polling has come a long way since Reagan Carter. There are ones you can trust more than others...but there's no reason to completely discount "polling" for the sake of the agenda they can create.

See.... the most accurate polls were right in 2008 about who would win Iowa and NH in the Republican primary. And two big government boobs like Newt and Romney are leading in those states among "likely" Republican voter's.

I know they are not necessarily the same thing, but when most of us here talk about "Conservatives"...I don't hear much talk about any other party.
    I agree. Not all polling is off the mark for the purpose of persuading the sheeple one way or another.

On the conservative thing. Its like my analogy about NJ and America. You dont hear much about other partys when discussing conservatives because the lions share are going to vote republican. But its often reduced to voting for the lesser of 2 evils for most of us. Most, not all GOP leadership have utter disdain for real conservatives and take their votes for granted. But we're in good company. They didnt like Reagan either.

Record high? Gosh, I can't imagine why!

Paul is polling 2nd in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Paul is polling 2nd in Iowa.
    We only run the best and brightest for president!

Which imbecile would you choose?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Because we like big government when it has an "R" in front of it.