Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Atheist Messages Displace California Park Nativity Scenes 
    SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Atheist messages have displaced most of the Christmas nativity scenes that local churches had placed in a California park for nearly six decades, and the churches say it was a coordinated attack.

Local churches have traditionally claimed 14 of the 21 display spaces to illustrate the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.

But atheists got all but three of the spaces this year because of a new lottery system.

"Our belief is that these new applicants have been working together to displace and push out the nativity scenes from the park, rather than erecting a full display of their own," said Hunter Jameson, a spokesman for a coalition of the city's churches.

The Santa Monica Daily Press reported that churches had little or no competition for the spaces during the past 57 years. This year, 13 people bid for spaces, prompting City Hall to use a random lottery system to allot the spots.

Two individuals got 18 spaces. One person can request a maximum of nine.

Damon Vix is behind the effort.

Last year, he put up a sign quoting Thomas Jefferson: "Religions are all alike -- founded on fables and mythologies." There were also selections on U.S. Supreme Court decisions about the importance of separating church and state.

Vix now helps other atheists populate the park spaces, including American Atheists Inc. and the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/13...est=latestnews
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Nah...there's no war on Christmas in this country.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Atheism is to become the state religion. That's the goal. That's the purpose. There is no such thing to atheists as freedom of religion. It is up to the state to suppress religion and replace belief with state power.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Nah...there's no war on Christmas in this country.

There isn't a war on Christmas. There have always been atheists with sticks up their asses over Christmas, challenging public displays or, in this case, taking advantage of a situation to try to make a stupid point. This is nothing new.

What is new, or at least has been around only since FOX news debuted, is this attitude of some Christians that everyone must celebrate CHRISTMAS and any diversion from using the term CHRISTMAS at this time of year is somehow a conspiracy against their way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There isn't a war on Christmas. There have always been atheists with sticks up their asses over Christmas, challenging public displays or, in this case, taking advantage of a situation to try to make a stupid point. This is nothing new.

What is new, or at least has been around only since FOX news debuted, is this attitude of some Christians that everyone must celebrate CHRISTMAS and any diversion from using the term CHRISTMAS at this time of year is somehow a conspiracy against their way of life.
    No, the change is that businesses and government have been cowed into eliminating any reference to Christmas by a miniscule but highly radicalized cult of fundamentalist secularists.

The DOD even recognizes atheism as a religion, as demonstrated by the "religious" symbol which can be applied to markers in military cemetaries:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Well Noon, THIS atheist gladly helps Christians celebrate Christmas.

Merry Christmas To All

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Looks like a logo for a fictitious 1950's baseball team called the Atoms.

There isn't a war on Christmas
    Then explain to me why Christmas Break and Christmas concerts are how Winter Break and Holiday Concert? On everyuthing from the employee calendar at Best But to practically every school calendar across America?

You're right...it's not a war on Christmas its a war on religion period. Or more specifically one particular religion.

This is what an army buddy of mine said about this and I think he sums it up nicely:

I've been trying for years to get people to recognize the difference between Atheist and Anti-theist...this is work of Anti-theist...real atheist wouldn't care what you believe or what public displays go up...they are usually too busy writing long diatribes to Ben Stein...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Looks like a logo for a fictitious 1950's baseball team called the Atoms.
    It does, but it is actually in use in military cemeteries, and is recognized by the VA and DOD.

Congratulations, man, you've got your own idol!

BTW, as an agnostic, I want to have a big question mark as my symbol. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It does, but it is actually in use in military cemeteries, and is recognized by the VA and DOD.

Congratulations, man, you've got your own idol!
    I'm not an atheist.

BTW, as an agnostic, I want to have a big question mark as my symbol. :D