Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gore did not win by 540,000 recorded votes in 2000...he won by 5-7 million. 
    link

DU is still fixated on 2000 exit polls and assumptions in declaring that Gore and Kerry really won.

Richard Charnin (24 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

View profile

Gore did not win by 540,000 recorded votes in 2000...he won by 5-7 million.

Last edited Thu Dec 15, 2011, 12:17 AM USA/ET - Edit history (5)
    First there was the 2000 Judicial Coup and then the long-running media con that Bush really did win Florida, although Gore won nationally by 540,000 votes.

It wasn't the close race the media has misled you to believe. Gore did much, much better than his official recorded vote - nationally as well as in Florida.

Let's take another look.

This article links to a) the 1988-2008 unadjusted state exit poll data and b) the 1988-2008 State and National True Vote Model (both are Google Doc spreadsheet workbooks):
    http://richardcharnin.wordpress.com/...slide-in-2000/

Al Gore won the unadjusted state exit polls (58,000 respondents) by 50.8-44.4%, a 6 MILLION VOTE MARGIN compared to the 540,000 recorded. There were nearly 6 MILLION UNCOUNTED votes - the great majority were Gore votes.

The True Vote Model, based on 1996 and 2000 votes cast, was a close match to Gore's exit poll share. He had a 50.0% True Vote share assuming he had 75% of 8 million returning 1996 voters (whose ballots for Clinton were uncounted) and 75% of 6 million uncounted votes in 2000.

Gore won the unadjusted exit poll in the following 13 states:
    AL AR AZ CO FL GA MN MO NC NM TN TX VA

But all flipped to Bush. Gore would have won the election if he held just ONE of them.
    The election was stolen big-time. But the theft was just a prologue of what was to come in 2004 and 2008.

Yes, he won his home state of TN as well as FL. He even won the exit poll in TX, Bush's home state, by 4% (the TX exit poll margin of error was 4%). But I bet you never knew that.

The exit poll/recorded vote margin discrepancy exceeded 10% in 10 states:
    TX AL NC TN GA AR ID MD SC FL

In 2004, Kerry won the True Vote in a landslide - by nearly 10 million votes. The election was stolen big-time. The margin discrepancy exceeded 10% in 15 states: VT DE AK CT SC VA NJ HI NH MS PA UT MN NM OH

In 2008, Obama's landslide was denied. He did much, much better than his recorded 9.5 million vote margin. The 10% margin discrepancy was exceeded in an astounding 28 states.
    Star Member saras (4,458 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    4. Yep. Exit polls are still extraordinarily accurate everywhere vote totals can't be fixed.
    Star Member hfojvt (27,540 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    7. seem to be some errors here

View profile
    "Gore won the unadjusted exit poll in the following 13 states:
    AL AR AZ CO FL GA MN MO NC NM TN TX VA

But all flipped to Bush. Gore would have won the election if he held just ONE of them."

Gore DID win Minnesota and New Mexico.

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/

And you really expect me to believe that Gore really won Texas? That Bush's 1.3 million margin was the result of cheating? That Gore won a state where his opponent was Governor and that Clinton lost by 300,000 votes to Dole. Obama and Clinton only managed 44% in Texas but Gore really won it against a Texas Governor.

Can I get some oceanfront property in Oklahoma with that?

One person can make a difference and every person should try. JFK
    Richard Charnin (24 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    15. You are right... about NM and MN. Thanks for the check.

View profile
    I had the correct results in the database, but read them wrong.
    http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/c...3bHlpWGc#gid=4

He barely won NM by 47.91-47.85%
    He won MN by 47.91-45.50%

I never said that Gore WON Texas. I said he led by 4% in the exit poll which had a 4% MoE. The point is that he probably did much better than the recorded vote as he did in virtually all the states.
    Sgent (3,319 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    20. He didin't win the exit poll

View profile
    He led by 4% in the un-adjusted exit poll -- which is meaningless. If its not adjusted for demographic factors (location of the polling place -- inner city vs rural, etc.) than its meaningless.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What morons...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Star Member saras (4,458 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    4. Yep. Exit polls are still extraordinarily accurate everywhere vote totals can't be fixed.
    Tell that to John F'n Kerry.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Even if their assumption was correct, what can they do about it now? It's still too soon for them to write an alternative history type of novel, so just let it go.

And just think about how even more screwed up we'd be if one of them acually had been elected...

Good old TIA, back from his years of bannage, apparently. That's one poor, crazed, OCD-afflicted little monkey.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Good old TIA, back from his years of bannage, apparently. That's one poor, crazed, OCD-afflicted little monkey.

Well remember the fool even got a stupid "book" published on the election. Must be an awesome read...for DUmmies that is.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I wonder if this is Nadin's BFF...
    Richard Charnin This article links to a) the 1988-2008 unadjusted state exit poll data and b) the 1988-2008 State and National True Vote Model (both are Google Doc spreadsheet workbooks):
    http://richardcharnin.wordpress.com/...slide-in-2000/
    He links to himself...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Good Lord. Get a load of this spittle-flinging rant.

I wonder how long they'll let him stick around this time.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Good Lord. Get a load of this spittle-flinging rant.

I wonder how long they'll let him stick around this time.
    If you haven't seen his old DU posts as TIA (TruthIsAll, more properly) circa 2005-6, all I can say is you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

:D