Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Head on train wreckin LA... 
    At Least 6 Dead In Metrolink Crash In Chatsworth

LOS ANGELES (CBS) ― Live CBS 2 Coverage

At least 6 people were killed -- and scores injured -- Friday afternoon when a Metrolink commuter train crashed into a freight train in Chatsworth.

Reporting overhead in Sky 9, Gary Lineberry said it was a "real mess. And it's a bad one...no doubt about that."

The freight train looked accordioned. Several cars on the freight train derailed. Several cars of the commuter train overturned.

link
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 09-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.

How awful! :(

This is terrible. Last I heard, the death toll was confirmed at 10, but officials expect that there will be more. I feel so bad for those poor people and their families. :(

This morning they are saying 17 dead and more missing. terrible.

According to the officials this morning - this can't happen: 3 different systems have to fail. Holy crap.:eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    According to the officials this morning - this can't happen: 3 different systems have to fail. Holy crap.:eek:
    There now saying that the metro engineer didn't stop for a stop signal.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

They're alson still digging the dead out - even at this hour and say it may go to 30.:(
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There now saying that the metro engineer didn't stop for a stop signal.
    I heard the same thing and that engineer was killed in the wreck. I can imagine the lawsuits that are going to be filed. I was looking at some of the graphs officials published and I am surprised there were surviviors in the first two cars. The first car slammed into the second car, basically peeling it like a banana. Last death toll reported was 25, but they expect more. Terrible. :(

I heard a blurb that the engineer had sent a text message about a minute before the impact. Did he miss the signal in that brief moment?

Such a tragedy :(

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    I heard a blurb that the engineer had sent a text message about a minute before the impact. Did he miss the signal in that brief moment?

Such a tragedy :(

That's it.