1. #1 What fun! I got hassled tonight collecting Recall Walker signatures! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's Time For a DU :bounce:

Thu Dec 15, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Scuba

What fun! I got hassled tonight collecting Recall Walker signatures!

My grandmother taught me it wasn't nice to pick on those less fortunate than yourself, but tonight I couldn't help myself.

I was parked in the Public Library parking lot, picking up the occasional signature and rendezvousing with members of my team of volunteers who had signatures to turn in (another 47 tonight - woo hoo!).

The Library is a great spot, 'cause their wireless internet service is unsecured and leaks enough to provide coverage out in the lot. I can keep up on DU between taking signatures.

Anyway, a couple hours ago a truck pulled up next to me. I grabbed my clipboard and jumped out.

"I'm not signing", growled the guy behind the wheel. "Do you have a permit to be here?"

We're not supposed to waste time on these morons, but I had nothing else to do at the moment, so I indulged myself.

"Yes I do", I replied, and gave him a big smile.

"You do?", he asked.

"Yep", still smiling.

He seemed confused for a moment, then asked "Well, where did you get it?"

"From James Madison and some friends of his", I replied. He looked perplexed. I waited a few beats and then helped him out. "The Constitution of the United States, First Amendment".

"Well, well, you can't be on private property" he sputtered.

"I'm not", I replied, "this is the Public Library lot."

"Yes, but it's also private" he said. "It belongs to the Village, and I'm a taxpayer."

At that point I probably looked confused. Then it hit me. "Do you know the difference between public and private property?" I asked.

"It's private public property, owned by the village", he said. "Anyway, that's no good here", he said, "we have local ordinances."

"And you think local ordinances trump the Constitution?" I asked.

I could see he was getting more frustrated by the minute. "I'm going to call the police", he shouted.

"Good idea", I replied, "they love crank calls."

"Well, I'm calling them", he was now spitting as the words came out.

"That's fine. Just wait a second while I take a photo of your license plate, will you please?" I walked around to the back of his truck.

At that point his engine roared to life and his tires screamed as he left the lot. Guy was abusing his truck - and wasting gas - because of his anger and stupidity. More work for Union mechanics and tire manufacturing workers I guess.

Cops never showed, but since I talked to the Sheriff weeks ago and he knows my schedule there at the Library (sometimes his wife drops off signatures she's collected) I only missed out on a few more laughs.

These Walker-backers are mostly dumber than a box of rocks. "Private public property." Priceless.
    May the FORCE be with you!

That doesn't sound unreasonable. If you have ever been involved in retail politics (for lack of a better phrase), you come in contact with people who are obnoxious.

Well, it lacks the guy tearing his wastika off of his SUV and buying a Prius, but other than that, it's some entertaining bullshit.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Scuba, if you did not post that from a hospital bed, our legions of former-Blackwater paid thugs are not doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That doesn't sound unreasonable. If you have ever been involved in retail politics (for lack of a better phrase), you come in contact with people who are obnoxious.
    Yes, you do. I know, I've been there.

But it's the spitting, the roaring engine and the screaming tires imagery that makes the stories unbelievable. It's the same theme throughout every bouncy.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Lost 12 IQ points....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

....and another 2

:mad:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Only you would try to make us believe a bouncy has any credibility.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Only you would try to make us believe a bouncy has any credibility.
    Are you kidding? He eats them up like a starving bum on a pot roast.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand