Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    After all, how do we know it's not 24 business hours? He could be hungry for quite some time....
    Excellent. :D

    It didn't even dawn on me until you mentioned it. I'm slipping.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Or it could be a so called 24 hours. Like the so called War On Terror, as it is referred to by those who feel they know it is damn well not a War on Terror and so must be something - anything - else; they never specify, though.:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Or it could be a so called 24 hours. Like the so called War On Terror, as it is referred to by those who feel they know it is damn well not a War on Terror and so must be something - anything - else; they never specify, though.:)
    Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation.
    Yeah. Wei does that. He's never explained himself. Neither have the other so called Americans.

    Truthfully, I have never found where the so called congressman in question has referred to it as the so called War on Terror. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,781
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation.
    They get away with it because...as Reutuer's explained...when answering why they put the term "terrorists" in scare quotes...One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    That is also what the Liberals in this country...board members included when it comes to terrorists.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,873
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They get away with it because...as Reutuer's explained...when answering why they put the term "terrorists" in scare quotes...One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    That is also what the Liberals in this country...board members included when it comes to terrorists.
    In this country most terrorists are also know as union leaders....:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    People shouldn't be so hasty to judge this 24-hour hunger strike.

    After all, how do we know it's not 24 business hours? He could be hungry for quite some time....
    He's a congressman. What would he know about business hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation.
    You've got to learn to define your victory conditions. My favorite sentence in the English language used to be, "You obviously know a lot about this, but I know that you're wrong." It meant that I'd won the argument, but that the liberal would never admit it. Getting a "whatever" and a hasty retreat means that the lib in question has run out of talking points and cannot come up with anything to refute your argument. It's a surrender in everything but name, and the closest that you'll get to them admitting that they are ignorant or wrong. Savor that, and let them know that you know exactly what it means.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    24 hours huh? Glad to see he's making such a sacrifice.
    Hehehe .... what a hoot.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He's a congressman. What would he know about business hours?
    Probably about as much as Will Pitt and Jason Leopold know about federal indictments. :D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •