1. #1 Is it the Republican clown car that makes DU members giddy with their chances in 2012 
    link

Scuba (12,811 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

Is it the Republican clown car that makes DU members giddy with their chances in 2012?
    I can't believe how some DU'ers are acting as if Barack Obama's re-election is a lock, even advocating that we shift our efforts to Congressional candidates.

Have we forgotten 2000?

Have we forgotten 2004?

Have we forgotten Diebold?

Have we forgotten voter-suppression laws in every Republican-controlled State?

Folks, we're going to get our asses handed to us if we get complacent. The Republicans will show up to vote for whichever clown they nominate as if it's a religious duty.

Meanwhile, millions of folks who voted for Obama in 2008 are "heartbroken" to use one expression for how they're feeling about his Presidency to date. There's an enormous risk that many of these People will stay home on election day.

Fact is, Obama needs to win the election by 20-30 million votes just to overcome the fraud being perpetrated by the right.

We need to re-double our efforts at getting Obama re-elected, and triple our efforts to support Progressive candidates for Congress.

Don't forget, there are 23 Senate seats currently held by Democrats up for grabs in 2012, against only 10 held by Republicans (plus two held by Independents).

If you want a Republican President backed by a Republican-controlled Congress, go ahead and relax. But don't tell me to do so.
    Right. When Republicans win it's because they committed fraud in order to win. When Democrats win it's because Republicans didn't commit enough fraud to win.

Liberals are a joke.
    Star Member Vogon_Glory (3,394 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    1. Breaking Hearts Is A Standard Republican Campaign Tool

I think that we ought to remind the tearful and disappointed that breaking hearts is a standard Republican campaign tool. I don't know how to go about educating people that Republicans have decided to force failure on Democratic initiatives, but it's something we ought to do, and that anyone who falls for the <bleep> that it's because of poor Democratic leadership needs to remember that said meme is right-wing/Republican scam.
    The old "the Republcans are the reason Obama is a failure (worst president ever), not what he has done or hasn't done. It's not his fault.
    Star Member Ship of Fools (920 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
    4. One minute I think

dems will sweep Congress, the next minute I think that
    the polling places are going to be in a state of mass confusion
    and full of EXTREMELY angry people beginning a veritable
    civil war (as the R's steal EVERYTHING.)

Sadly, I'm beginning to suspect the latter but will fight
    for the former.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

Right. When Republicans win it's because they committed fraud in order to win. When Democrats win it's because Republicans didn't commit enough fraud to win.
    Furthermore, they force recalls when they get slapped down in an election. Liberals can't stand the public telling them that we can't stand them.
    Liberals are a joke.
    The old "the Republcans are the reason Obama is a failure (worst president ever), not what he has done or hasn't done. It's not his fault.
    They have no problem installing one of the biggest and most shameful jokes ever, aka, Al, I've never been funny, Franken.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

:p:p:p:p
    May the FORCE be with you!

Evolution in action ...

Moonbats screamed about the hand counts in 2000 ... thus electronic voting machines are created.

Then Moonbats screaming about voting machines being fixed ,but show no proof of it happening.

Moonbats scream about voter fraud ... thus ID is asked for at polling places.

Then Moonbats scream about " voter supression " because of proof of identity.

Moonbats have learned the lesson of throwing a fit like a spoiled brat when things don't go your way and blaming others when you screw up.

Maybe this is in fact, Devolution at work of with Moonbats; after all, they have slipped back into 1969.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    But Bev Harris fleeced the DUmmies...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Evolution in action ...

Moonbats screamed about the hand counts in 2000 ... thus electronic voting machines are created.

Then Moonbats screaming about voting machines being fixed ,but show no proof of it happening.

Moonbats scream about voter fraud ... thus ID is asked for at polling places.

Then Moonbats scream about " voter supression " because of proof of identity.

Moonbats have learned the lesson of throwing a fit like a spoiled brat when things don't go your way and blaming others when you screw up.

Maybe this is in fact, Devolution at work of with Moonbats; after all, they have slipped back into 1969.
    I really enjoy pointing out to the Dimmies that Gore couldn't even win his home state. Almost without exception, they ask what I mean. I love telling them that if Gore had won Tennessee, Florida wouldn't have mattered. Their response............silence. I don't think any of them remember that he lost Tenn.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.