Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This case reminds me of the case in, I believe, Albuquerque where this lesbian couple actively sought out a Christian photographer and took them to court when they refused to photog their wedding. People like this are attention whores looking for the spotlight. We are no longer free in this country and those who tout that we are a democracy(which we aren't) always seem to lean toward minority rules when it comes to a lot of stuff.
    Well we are a republic,not a democracy.

If we went by Majority rule,people would be still kept as slaves,women wouldn't be allowed the right to vote,and people of color would still be required to sit in the back of the bus and such.

During the American Civil War,it was actually only a minority who wanted slaves to be free,while the majority didn't. Same with Suffrage and such.

If we went by majority rule,i would be a slave,because i'm of mixed-race.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Lots of posts about businesses being able to do what they want.

How about the fact that they broke the law? I thought people here were tough on crime and had no sympathy for criminals?
    Laws they had no say in making. Laws shouldnt take away freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Well we are a republic,not a democracy.

If we went by Majority rule,people would be still kept as slaves,women wouldn't be allowed the right to vote,and people of color would still be required to sit in the back of the bus and such.

During the American Civil War,it was actually only a minority who wanted slaves to be free,while the majority didn't. Same with Suffrage and such.

If we went by majority rule,i would be a slave,because i'm of mixed-race.
    I didn't know Gallup existed during The Civil War. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Laws they had no say in making. Laws shouldnt take away freedoms.
    Whoa where did all this nuance come from?

I thought it was simple? If you break the law you are a criminal and you get no sympathy whatsoever.

You don't have to like the law, but the law is the law, if you don't like it you can work to change it but until then it's the law and you must obey it otherwise full force should come down on you without sympathy.

Why is this case different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

I thought it was simple? If you break the law you are a criminal and you have sympathy whatsoever.

You don't have to like the law, but the law is the law, if you don't like it you can work to change it but until then it's the law and you must obey it otherwise full force should come down on you without sympathy.

Why is this case different?
    BECAUSE IT INTERFERES WITH FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION. GET IT? Unless the gov gave me money to start a business they shouldn't have a say on whom I server and dont serve

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    BECAUSE IT INTERFERES WITH FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION. GET IT? Unless the gov gave me money to start a business they shouldn't have a say on whom I server and dont serve
    Yeah there may be freedom of association, but there's also laws concerning discrimination and if you break those laws you are a criminal and they should do whatever they have to do make you comply with the law.

Freedom of association isn't unlimited, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Attention Whores, they could have easily slept there by saying they were BFF's...why do they have to always throw in the gay card. No one cares who's orafice you stick your tongue into.

Teh Gay card, don't leave home without it. Survey says teh Gay card will soon outnumber the Race Card.

I thought it was simple? If you break the law you are a criminal and you get no sympathy whatsoever.
    Yes, they broke the law. The secondary discussion is that the law shouldn't exist.

But since you feel this way, tell me, what is your opinion regarding that Shop-Rite a few years back that would not make a "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake? Were the people that wanted the cake discriminated against? Did Shop-Rite break the law?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    A private business should be free to serve to whomever they please. And yes, this goes for people of color. However, that door swings both ways. It's a private business after all. And this couple didn't have to patronize that B&B.
    A private business is not 100 percent private if they serve the public. They should not be free to discriminate in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real American View Post
    A private business is not 100 percent private if they serve the public. They should not be free to discriminate in any way.
    So Shop Rite broke the law and should be punished?
    Be Not Afraid.