1. #1 How Will New Voter Registration Laws Affect 2012 Election? 
    link

alp227 (11,815 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

How Will New Voter Registration Laws Affect 2012 Election?

Millions of potential voters may not be able to cast votes in 2012 after a dozen states put new restrictions in play this year. Gwen Ifill discusses the impact the new restrictions could have on the upcoming presidential election with New York University's Keesha Gaskins and Hans von Spakovsky of the Heritage Foundation. (Transcript)
    Yep. Illegal aliens, convicts, dead people, those voting multiple times and those too lazy or too dumb to get a photo ID won't be able to vote.........liberals are up in arms.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sorry DUmmies, asking people to have a VALID Voter ID is a reasonable request and you look like assholes when you oppose the idea.

If you can't get one you're illegal or too stupid to vote.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Sorry DUmmies, asking people to have a VALID Voter ID is a reasonable request and you look like assholes when you oppose the idea.

If you can't get one you're illegal or too stupid to vote.
    I am going to go for the latter :D

Why are they so dead set against someone showing an ID? I understand if you had to pay for the ID but if they inact these laws you should get one for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

Why are they so dead set against someone showing an ID? I understand if you had to pay for the ID but if they inact these laws you should get one for free.
    This is why. Requiring ID to vote would put a real crimp in their voter fraud style, and they know it.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

The reason that libs object to these laws is that they prevent illegals, felons, ficticious persons, corpses and morons from voting, thus disenfranchising several major Democratic consituencies.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hey We We you always have a comment about what I think in searches and what not, I want to hear what your beliefs are on voter ID laws?