Thread: Resolutions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    To take over the world.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Drink more.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I better stick to these:

2) Get my finances in order: My wife and I take home about $4500 per month. That's $54K per year...clear. No reason why we should be broke all the time(no, I don't have a bevy of credit cards, we're just stupid with money).
    "Get more organized" definitely goes with #2 - if you don't know where your money's going, that's disorganization at its most dangerous level.
    I'd recommend Dave Ramseys "Total Money Makeover" - he teaches you how to do a monthly budget, so you can see where the money goes and spend it more purposefully.
    Once you get your finances in order, other forms of organization - including weight loss - are likely to follow. I'm not making this up. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Get more organized" definitely goes with #2 - if you don't know where your money's going, that's disorganization at its most dangerous level.
    I'd recommend Dave Ramseys "Total Money Makeover" - he teaches you how to do a monthly budget, so you can see where the money goes and spend it more purposefully.
    Once you get your finances in order, other forms of organization - including weight loss - are likely to follow. I'm not making this up. :)
    I became 100% debt free exactly 6 years ago this month... My next goal was to save $100,000 in cash in 5 years (60 months). I failed. It took me 70 months.

Never really listened to Dave Ramsey though... Talk radio markets around here don't carry his show.

Saving money is also an annual resolution. I'm not a big spend drift for the most part.
    My tax check doesn't get spent, it goes straight into savings for myself and my daughter's college fund. (I get at least $14K a year back from the IRS since I have investment properties and a very intelligent tax accountant :)) I am debt free with the exception of mortgages. I pay off my credit card at the end of each month.
    Next year, I do want to put down new wood floors on the second floor, so may have to dip into into. I have porcelain tile on the first floor. I'm tired of carpets....I like how they feel under my feet, but they are just not as sanitary as tile or wood.

Ive heard his show. Dont listen too much but Ive heard enough to where it sounds good. But Ive been debt free for about 15 years now. Long before anybody had to "school" me. I got really concerned after Clinton got elected. It scared me into paying all my debts to get ready for the wonderful new liberal future, as I saw it.

Looking back I was right. Between Republican "pretend" conservatives and statist democrats I was right to be worried. I do feel sorry for those who havent figured it out though. Between liberal Repukes like the current GOP leadership and Democrats we are currently living the USS Titanic.

But not to worry, we have "bread and circuses". Im sure most Americans are content to sit back and enjoy "the cruise".
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

We're actually going to be using his 7 baby steps.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm trying to get my resolutions done before the 1st of the year...I have met my insurance deductable and need some tests done...so trying to get them scheduled.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 12-26-2011 at 03:51 AM.

I definately have to get some of this weight off.

Much less eating junk, get that blood pressure of mine to go down and stay down.

Find a nice guy that can put up with me.

Try not to be so snarky on the forums.

Get more involved with the community for either charity or tutoring. I might be able to do that now that my schedule is better. Hope it stays that way.

Work on my debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I definately have to get some of this weight off.

Much less eating junk, get that blood pressure of mine to go down and stay down.

Find a nice guy that can put up with me.

Try not to be so snarky on the forums.

Get more involved with the community for either charity or tutoring. I might be able to do that now that my schedule is better. Hope it stays that way.

Work on my debt.
    Find a boyfriend, you need more exercise!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg