Thread: Biden's Tax Returns Show Little Charitable Giving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Biden's Tax Returns Show Little Charitable Giving 
    Biden's Tax Returns Show Little Charitable Giving

Paul Caron wonders if the release of Sen. Joe Biden's tax returns "might backfire because the returns show that the Bidens have been amazingly tight-fisted when it comes to their charitable giving. Despite income ranging from $210,432 - $321,379 over the ten-year period, the Bidens have given only $120 - $995 per year to charity, which amounts to 0.06% - 0.31% of their income."

"This giving compares very unfavorably to John McCain, whose tax returns show that he gave 27.3% - 28.6% of his income to charity in 2006-2007. During the same period, the Obamas' tax returns show that they gave 5.8% - 6.1% of their income to charity."

Independent Sector reports that 89% of American households contribute to charity, with an average contribution of $1,620 -- 3.1% of income.
    wow,Biden just can't do anything right.

Banned
    Not surprising as these elitist Yankee liberals with above average income gives the least in charitable giving in comparison to other parts of the country. Obama/Biden, your cheapscape candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not surprising as these elitist Yankee liberals with above average income gives the least in charitable giving in comparison to other parts of the country.
    Link?

I never got the "where are your tax returns" thing anyway.

Go pound sand.

Lefties Tax returns almost NEVER show any kind of charitable giving. And when you do get a leftie to give to a chairty - it's usually to some art or animal "charity." As much as they preach we need to be our brothers keeper - they never practice it themselves. Well never with their OWN money.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

check out Obama's tax returns. Notice he didn't gve squat until he started running for president - and even then he's only given 6% of his income.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...-releases.html

meanwhile - McCain's family RUNS several charities - his wife is a dedicated philanthropist - They put their money where their mouth is.

Last edited by PoliCon; 09-13-2008 at 08:47 AM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I don't blame anyone for not being generous with their own money. I do blame them for being generous with other people's money, something both McCain and, particularly, Obama are going to be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMartins View Post
    I don't blame anyone for not being generous with their own money. I do blame them for being generous with other people's money, something both McCain and, particularly, Obama are going to be.
    Agree on both counts but don't you think it's a little bit hypocritical when liberals espouse so much caring for the poor, the homeless, the children and the afflicted and they give very little of their money to charities? In other words, their mouth does not match their deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Agree on both counts but don't you think it's a little bit hypocritical when liberals espouse so much caring for the poor, the homeless, the children and the afflicted and they give very little of their money to charities? In other words, their mouth does not match their deeds.
    Agreed. John Stossel did an experiment on this in fact, where it was revealed that conservatives donate far more to charity than liberals do. You can watch it here: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/StosselVideo/. Scroll down to "Cheap in America: Who gives more?".

Liberals give to charity by forcing others to give to charity by raising their taxes.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana