Thread: Trump dumps GOP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    If Flip Romney is the GOP nominee, then I hope Trump does run for entertainment value; since the general election will already have been rendered a joke.

But somehow, I think Trump is just simply pulling these stunts so that more people will watch the upcoming season of "Celebrity Apprentice".

Trump said he would run ONLY if some disaster befell the republicans and they ran the wrong candidate.

This can have only one real meaning. Ron Paul. If by some twilight zone of horror, Ron Paul ends up being the nominee, I'll be voting for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Trump said he would run ONLY if some disaster befell the republicans and they ran the wrong candidate.

Whatever THAT means. Does that just mean Ron Paul, or does it mean anyone besides Romney or Gingrich (If them)?

Donald, just STFU, your 15 minutes are on reality TV, not in the election.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I seriously doubt Trump means Ron Paul, since Trump has already said many times that Ron Paul can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I always enjoy that poster, the red lettering gets my attention!
    I gotta buy a new computer, I can't see any red lettering.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Whatever THAT means. Does that just mean Ron Paul, or does it mean anyone besides Romney or Gingrich (If them)?

Donald, just STFU, your 15 minutes are on reality TV, not in the election.
    I don't know what he means. He said he would run if republicans chose "the wrong candidate". To me, that means Ron Paul. It may not, but I would bet doughnuts it does.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    I seriously doubt Trump means Ron Paul, since Trump has already said many times that Ron Paul can't win.
    Then it makes sense if the republicans are so foolish as to have Paul, a man who cannot win, as the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Trump won't do it. He does this and Obama get's second term.
    I don't believe it either. Trump can be a bit weird, but don't misunderstand his business awareness. He's well aware that a second Obama term could devastate people like himself - and the nation.

I'm thinking that he's doing it for a few simple reasons. First, to draw enemy fire away from the Republican candidates. And, to steer the candidates away from making stupid anti-business statements. And, publicity and attention. You see, as long as the left thinks he might run, his statements about the election remain relevant to the news media.

I'd make a friendly wager that he won't run. And with that confidence, maybe what he's doing is good!

Johnson is now the libertarian nominee, which means he'll bow out if Ron Paul is the nominee. If Trump does mean Ron Paul, then Obama gets a second term.

If Ron Paul is nominated and Trump runs, Obama wins. If Ron Paul isn't nominated Gary Johnson runs, and Obama wins. Johnson, though he's a solid libertarian whom I agree with on most positions, isn't particularly well known, and will gain little of the popular vote, but I think he can get enough to swing several key states which otherwise would have gone Republican to Obama. The Southwest is pretty libertarian but votes Republican for obvious reasons. Gary Johnson would definitely split the Republican vote in the 4 corners region, and maybe even up into the Midwest.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

You give Gary Johnson way too much credit. He will get the same libertarian vote the libertarians always get. He won't split the Republican vote. If Ron Paul is the republican nominee that would definitely split the republican vote as republicans flee the party.