Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Tramadol works on your system in the same way morphine does, after using it awhile the side effects you mentioned go away.
    Well in that case... I think my ankle hurts a little right now.....

:) I keed I keed, well maybe....

Fortunately, whatever was wrong with my ankle/foot, it got better. But your input is nice to know, because frankly I'd be afraid to take it again had you not said something. And it's not like I'm a lightweight, I used to take Demerol all the time, while waiting tables and having a life. I thought it was god's gift to those in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My objection to Vicodin and its siblings (darvocet et all) is that the prescribed dosage doesn't do the trick, and the dosage required to actually kill the pain makes me sick.

I wasn't all that impressed with IV morphine to be honest. I was on a morphine pump a couple of times during a series of leg surgeries after getting one of those horrible infections in shallow water. It wasn't fun at all, and it stopped me up pretty good in addition to upsetting my stomach.

The best pain killer I have ever ever used was an epidural. That sucker works.
    They had me on oxycontin (sp?) at first. I was getting so sick with that junk, couldn't keep food down. Nurse Ratchet at the rehab place wouldn't contact my doc, so SR got in touch with him through a friend. He came to my room and stopped the nonsense that the lovely nurse was doing, like letting me go almost 8 hours w/o pain meds, plus not contacting him to get it changed, per my repeated requests.

As far as the stopping up, it also did a number with our toilets. We actually had 2 toilets replaced twice. That stuff is scary. Good thing the plumber was a friend and gracious about it. TMI. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

You bunch of sissies.

For pain, bite down on a piece of leather. Pills? Who needs them?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    You bunch of sissies.

For pain, bite down on a piece of leather. Pills? Who needs them?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

20 Pain Cures You Can Find in Your Kitchen

Brenda Kearns
    on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:10PM

Several pantry picks can actually outperform common meds. Here’s what you need to know
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well in that case... I think my ankle hurts a little right now.....

:) I keed I keed, well maybe....

Fortunately, whatever was wrong with my ankle/foot, it got better. But your input is nice to know, because frankly I'd be afraid to take it again had you not said something. And it's not like I'm a lightweight, I used to take Demerol all the time, while waiting tables and having a life. I thought it was god's gift to those in pain.

I'm glad your ankle is better!

8 Home Remedies that Actually Work

By Woman's Day | Shine's Guide to Great SkinTue, Feb 21, 2012 6:03 PM EST

By Brynn Mannino

Nobody is naysaying the wonders of modern medicine-what would we do without a medication like penicillin to treat infections? But, as it turns out, everyday items have secret curing powers, too. Next time you don't want to fork over money to get a common wart removed, consider using duct tape. Already popped two aspirin but can't get rid of the headache? A pencil could do the trick. Below, get medical explanations behind a few bizarre-albeit brilliant-MacGyver-esque home remedies.

Duct Tape to Remove Warts

In 2002, a group of doctors compared duct tape's effectiveness with liquid nitrogen in removing warts. After two months of wearing duct tape on a daily basis and using a pumice stone about once a week to exfoliate the dead skin, 85 percent of patients' warts were gone, whereas freezing only removed 60 percent. "The question is whether there is something in the chemical adhesive itself, or if the occlusion (suffocation) causes the destruction of the wart," says New York City-based dermatologist, Robin Blum, MD. "The other thinking is that the duct tape causes irritation, which stimulates our body's immune cells to attack the wart." Photo: Thinkstock
    Learn 4 ways to fight cold sores.

Vapor Rub to Cure Nail Fungus

While there are no studies to prove coating infected toenails with vapor rub once or twice a day is an effective treatment for nail fungus, a basic Internet search results in a number of personal testaments to the medicinal ointment's fungus-killing powers. "I've heard many patients say that vapor rub does help, but I'm not exactly sure why," Dr. Blum admits. While some argue it's the menthol in the balm that kills the fungus and others say it's the smothering effect of the thick gel, if used consistently, vapor rub has been shown to get rid of not just the fungus, but the infected toenail, too, which will turn black and eventually fall off. When the new nail grows in, it should be fungus-free. Photo: Thinkstock

Oatmeal to Soothe Eczema

"This is absolutely true, as oats have anti-inflammatory properties," Dr. Blum says. Whether it's used as a paste or poured into a bath, most experts recommend choosing colloidal (finely ground) oatmeal and soaking the affected area for at least 15 minutes. In addition to reducing inflammation, oats are thought to have an antihistamine effect, Dr. Blum says. By lowering levels of histamine, which triggers inflammation as part of the immune system's recovery response, she explains, oats prevent or reduce the redness. Photo: Thinkstock

Original article appeared on WomansDay.com.

more at Title link

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Hydrocodone has always been my fav. 1/2 a pill maybe 2 or 3 times a day max really makes a huuuuuuge diff. But most the time I refrain from taking any at all. But I am so conservative with them 1 script can last me a year or 2. I think my doc thinks I'm "up to something" or that I dont really need them. Too bad for me. I guess I should have lied and got the scripts refilled when expected. I'll be looking close at the alternatives here.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.