Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Christmas Eve in Detroit 
    Here's a sampling of DUers where they consider Christmas or wish others a Merry Christmas.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/100269395

Christmas Eve in Detroit

So I went with my family to see the Detroit Lions play on Christmas Eve and we walked several blocks through the city. I was very upset by a sight I saw not once but twice.

Twice we passed a homeless person either passed out or drunk or asleep (but it doesn't really matter) lying face down on the sidewalk trying to get warm by the heat vents which run all around downtown. The temperature out was in the 30's with no sun. Night was falling. These people looked beyond desperate. I knew that the cops would be around soon enough as thousands of fans were walking past. But still I was somewhat shocked. What a horrible sight for nations cities! God what have we come to!

Homeless stray animals are treated far better than people in our poor inner cities. I felt awful and while my life went on - I continued my "middle class" lifestyle (which is hard enough that I don't have "spare change" to help the desperate) - I left feeling our societies basic inhumanity. And the right wing claims we are a "Christian Society". Not in any understanding of "Christian" that I've ever understood.
    Right. Liberals refuse to live by Christian values and refuse to allow Christian values to be taught in school or acknowledged anywhere in the government, then they blame Christians when the result of their secular, immoral behavior blows up in their face.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/100269388

Happy Christmas, DU - and remember this:

Happy Birthday to a guy who never called the poor lazy or fought for the wealthiest Nazarenes to get another tax cut

- from JohnFugelsang: via Michael Moore
    He also didn't tell the Roman government, nor the Jewish priests or elders to forcably take money from the wealthy to give to others.

Of course most of the DUers only care about what Jesus said or did if they can use it to denigrate or blame Christians.

They are disporpotionatly athiest compaired to the general public and some who claim to be a Christian still think it is OK to claim that the "right wing" Christians aren't "real Christians".

Big surprise-NOT- this is from Michael Moore.

Christmas is a time of happiness, cheer and family togetherness for most people. People smile, hug and hold each other, are glad to be alive and are grateful for what they have. Liberals are none of the above. They are almost always miserable and 'misery loves company' is especially true for them.

They denigrate me because I am a conservative and don't agree with them. For them 'freedom of speech' is really only 'the freedom to agree with their speech'. Me, I don't hate them. I pity them and their miserable unhappy lives.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    ChristmasEve in Detroit

So I went with my family to see the Detroit Lions play on Christmas Eve and we walked several blocks through the city. I was very upset by a sight I saw not once but twice.

Really??? That's nice. And...kinda expensive. But lets forget that!!!

Homeless stray animals are treated far better than people in our poor inner cities. I felt awful and while my life went on - I continued my "middle class" lifestyle (which is hard enough that I don't have "spare change" to help the desperate)

No spare change??? But...but,but, you're at a football game!!! Did you get in for free??? You saw the homeless on the way in and didn't save them a penny??? :eek:

What assholes...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Helping the homless to shelter is not as easy as you think. Some are drugged out, some are mentally ill. They will fight for their right to be left alone no matter what the circumstances. In some cities, the police have tried to physically "help" the homeless to shelter. We are then treated with video of police wrestling a poor homeless person into a police car. Arresting the innocent or helping someone live through the night?

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Helping the homless to shelter is not as easy as you think. Some are drugged out, some are mentally ill. They will fight for their right to be left alone no matter what the circumstances. In some cities, the police have tried to physically "help" the homeless to shelter. We are then treated with video of police wrestling a poor homeless person into a police car. Arresting the innocent or helping someone live through the night?
    All true. I volunteer at a food pantry. Some of these people are helpless and pathetic. Most need the help and will recover some day. Some will be there every time the door opens. I call it life. Jesus said, "the poor you will always have." He was right.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What assholes...
    No, as we all know, liberals are very generous with other people's money.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Too true
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What does that mean?
    Are you that stupid? It means they love to tax the shit out of others and then spend it on worthless programs for the poor.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Are you that stupid? It means they love to tax the shit out of others and then spend it on worthless programs for the poor.
    Which programs?