Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Which programs?
    Throw a dart at them I am sure you'll hit one, but the point is they sure love spending others money.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No, as we all know, liberals are very generous with other people's money.
    What does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Are you that stupid? It means they love to tax the shit out of others and then spend it on worthless programs for the poor.
    Which programs?
    Nova needs a lesson in history.....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/19/opinio...rty/index.html

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...istoric-levels

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I refuse to play nova's game, I love these self-righteous leftest/liberals/progressives (take your pick) think they are so good when they believe in social programs but don't give a dime to charities, it so easy being charitable with others money. He scum bags give away your money first then worry about taxing others. Spare me the "its good for society" screed its still no excuse to take over half of the earnings someone makes in a given year. Just thank whatever God you believe in that i dont run things...

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I refuse to play nova's game, ..
    It's not a game. You made a broad statement and I asked for specifics. The only other options would be to ignore your statement assuming that it was worthless, or to accept it which would be contrary to reason. I went through the same thing on DU with that woman from Kansas who declared that "the schools are underfunded while we spend money on (whatever)." There is a commonly held belief that urban schools are funded less than suburban or rural schools, more specifically that black schools are funded less than white schools. When I have her examples and asked for support for her claim, much like you have done, she declared that they were all underfunded and that I am an internet troll.

I love these self-righteous leftest/liberals/progressives (take your pick) think they are so good when they believe in social programs but don't give a dime to charities
    There is a huge difference in philosophies to be found in this regard, for sure. However, I would like to first note that the most famous line regarding the substitution of common welfare programs for charities was delivered by Mr. Scrooge, who when asked for donations asked if his taxes did not go to support the indigent.

However you can't really support your claim that there is a huge difference in charitable giving between the liberal and the conservative. Yes, there have been studies and in some of them the conservatives come out slightly on top, but the one that has right wingers patting themselves on the back was largely debunked because it actually proved that evangelical Christians (every Sunday and Wednesday evening kind, not Christmas and Easter kind) donated a considerable portion of their income to charity, but even that was reduced when you stopped counting every donation to the church as if it were for charity. New air conditioners and parking lots for churches aren't really charity, now are they?

He scum bags give away your money first then worry about taxing others.

I have repeatedly read on conservative sites that the states controlled by the liberals have the highest taxes. It would only make sense to conclude that they are indeed putting their money where their mouth is if they are taxing themselves higher than conservatives tax themselves. Could you conclude otherwise?

Spare me the "its good for society" screed its still no excuse to take over half of the earnings someone makes in a given year.
    If you ever find yourself in that situation then we'll discuss it. Until then, stop parroting the idiot Hannity.

it's not a game. You made a broad statement and I asked for specifics. The only other options would be to ignore your statement assuming that it was worthless, or to accept it which would be contrary to reason. I went through the same thing on DU with that woman from Kansas who declared that "the schools are underfunded while we spend money on (whatever)." There is a commonly held belief that urban schools are funded less than suburban or rural schools, more specifically that black schools are funded less than white schools. When I have her examples and asked for support for her claim, much like you have done, she declared that they were all underfunded and that I am an internet troll]
    No if i give you an example you'll rail on how important such and such a program is. I really believe all welfare programs should be slashed across the board.

I have repeatedly read on conservative sites that the states controlled by the liberals have the highest taxes. It would only make sense to conclude that they are indeed putting their money where their mouth is if they are taxing themselves higher than conservatives tax themselves. Could you conclude otherwise?
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to most of the DU inhabitants who don't pay income tax advocating taxing the earners in this country till the scream. They are very good at saying how much someone should pay. Not for nothing I dont think you should have a say about what someone should pay in income tax until you actually pay some.

However you can't really support your claim that there is a huge difference in charitable giving between the liberal and the conservative. Yes, there have been studies and in some of them the conservatives come out slightly on top, but the one that has right wingers patting themselves on the back was largely debunked because it actually proved that evangelical Christians (every Sunday and Wednesday evening kind, not Christmas and Easter kind) donated a considerable portion of their income to charity, but even that was reduced when you stopped counting every donation to the church as if it were for charity. New air conditioners and parking lots for churches aren't really charity, now are they?

Until you show me some proof on that I wont take your word for it.

If you ever find yourself in that situation then we'll discuss it. Until then, stop parroting the idiot Hannity
    I was referring in the general sense you tool, no one who earned an income should EVER pay more then a third even if it means some bum has to starve.
    Last edited by Bailey; 12-26-2011 at 06:49 PM.

If you ever find yourself in that situation then we'll discuss it. Until then, stop parroting the idiot Hannity.
    So what you're saying is that a person can't be opposed to something unless they experience it first hand?

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind when I read your posts from now on. Especially if you post in an abortion thread. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.

I don't know what they are whining about, Detroit won. Geesh
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So what you're saying is that a person can't be opposed to something unless they experience it first hand?

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind when I read your posts from now on. Especially if you post in an abortion thread. ;)
    Or until you (nova) actually served in the military can you speak about DADT. See two can play this game.

If you ever find yourself in that situation then we'll discuss it. Until then, stop parroting the idiot Hannity
    If you had any credibility at all on these boards, you burned it with this statement. I don't have to experience an abortion to know it's wrong do I. Not to mention that you just had to throw in that little Fox News barb.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If you had any credibility at all on these boards, you burned it with this statement. I don't have to experience an abortion to know it's wrong do I. Not to mention that you just had to throw in that little Fox News barb.
    It wasn't a Fox news barb; Hannity claimed that he was paying 60% of his income in taxes one day on his radio show.

Even if Bailey were paying 50% of his income in taxes, it wouldn't be all going for social programs, and those social programs don't all benefit the worthless and undeserving. As he himself said, he didn't want to name the programs, because he knew I would punch holes in his BS.