Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I didn't forget. US/Israel Hawks = Jews.
    I was thinking more along the lines of military industrial complex defense contract weapons sales minions, but whatever floats your boat.

I've been accused of many things, but an anti-semite I am not. If I had something against Jewish people I would openly say so. It does serve as an excellent deflection though, and it's used by many.

Even if this were true, what does it have to do with Iran's complicity or lack of same in the 9/11 attacks?
    And, it isn't true. In terms of manpower, Israel is way down on the list.
    State Total Active

Russian Federation 21,476,000 1,027,000
    Democratic People's Republic of Korea 9,495,000 1,106,000
    Republic of Korea 8,691,500 687,000
    Vietnam 5,495,000 455,000
    India 4,768,407 1,325,000
    People's Republic of China 4,585,000 2,285,000
    Iran 3,833,000 523,000
    United States of America[179][180] 2,937,899 1,468,364
    Republic of China 1,964,000 290,000
    Brazil 1,667,710 327,710
    Pakistan 1,434,000 617,000
    Egypt 1,344,500 468,500
    Cuba 1,234,500 49,000
    Ukraine 1,214,825 129,925
    Turkey 1,041,500 510,600
    Indonesia 982,000 302,000
    Israel 749,550 176,500
    For starters, I don't buy the BS article in the OP. For argument's sake, let's assume for a moment that the article is true. Doesn't this make the Bush administration, the 9/11 commisision, and all military action subsequent to 9/11 extremely questionable, or perhaps even worse? After all of Bush's rhetoric about smoking them out of their caves and tracking down all funding and support of the terrorists could this just come out now? You'll have to excuse my skeptism, but the timing of this is very suspicious.

Congratulations. You know where you live. Now try to stay on topic.
    Israel is more than capable of defending themselves, even to the point of turning Tehran into a smoking hole in the ground. A threat to Israel is not an adequate reason for me to cheer on WWIII.

I think you missed the point deliberately, but whatever.

What isn't going to happen? The defeat of the United States? Our departure from the Middle East? A massive drawdown of our military forces? The rise of Islamist governments in Egypt, Libya, Turkey, Syria, Tunisia, Afghanistan or Iraq? What you don't seem to get is that they are winning by every objective measure. We're withdrawing our forces from two countries that we had previously fought hard to remove from the roster of enemy states. Afghanistan is already making overtures to Pakistan, while Iraq is trying desperately to avoid being carved up by the surrounding powers, and both nations are well on the way to theocratic rule. When that happens, they will join the "Arab Spring" Anschluss of Islamist states run by the Muslim Brotherhood, which, BTW, is the parent organization of Hamas and they are the folks who gave us al Qaeda (Ayman al Zawahiri, Bin Laden's deputy in al Qaeda, came out of the Muslim Brotherhood). Hamas, which is as fanatically Sunni as it gets, is backed by Iran. Meanwhile, our government is mounting up debt on useless programs and cutting the military, which, unlike Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare, Food Stamps, Welfare and a host of other programs, is the only thing that it's supposed to be maintaining under the Constitution. We're withdrawing form the world as it's getting more dangerous.

As for where it ends, it depends on whose side you're on. For us, it ends when the Muslims figure out that they don't want to mess with us, which hasn't happened yet. For them, it ends with us praying five times a day to Mecca and my daughters ensconced in some lowlife imam's harem. I know which side of that equation that I'd like to be on. How about you?
    So we have to "GET THEM" before they "GET US".

Or would it be more along the lines of starting WWIII in order to prevent WWIII?

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of military industrial complex defense contract weapons sales minions, but whatever floats your boat.

I've been accused of many things, but an anti-semite I am not. If I had something against Jewish people I would openly say so. It does serve as an excellent deflection though, and it's used by many.

For starters, I don't buy the BS article in the OP. For argument's sake, let's assume for a moment that the article is true. Doesn't this make the Bush administration, the 9/11 commisision, and all military action subsequent to 9/11 extremely questionable, or perhaps even worse? After all of Bush's rhetoric about smoking them out of their caves and tracking down all funding and support of the terrorists could this just come out now? You'll have to excuse my skeptism, but the timing of this is very suspicious.

Israel is more than capable of defending themselves, even to the point of turning Tehran into a smoking hole in the ground. A threat to Israel is not an adequate reason for me to cheer on WWIII.

I think you missed the point deliberately, but whatever.

So we have to "GET THEM" before they "GET US".

Or would it be more along the lines of starting WWIII in order to prevent WWIII?
    People like you would rather wait until there is a knock on your door and a gun butt to your forehead.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    People like you would rather wait until there is a knock on your door and a gun butt to your forehead.
    I am armed just as I know you are. So far I haven't seen any roving gangs of Muslims looking for people to subjugate marching down my street.

Are we capable of kicking the entire world's ass all at the same time while leaving our Southern border wide open? We concern ourselves with threats on the other side of the globe, but ignore an open invasion in our own back yard. What's up with that?

And it worked. See, you are here defending yourself against an anti-semitism charge instead of the issue being addressed. In this case, the drums of war being played in the Media (although I don't think the United States is ready to dance).

It is standard stuff. Kinda like Godwin's Law. Called it Bok's Law; as a conversation on Israel grows longer, the probability of someone being accused of anti-semitism approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    (although I don't think the United States is ready to dance).
    We are always ready to dance Doble. It's what we do.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    We are always ready to dance Doble. It's what we do.
    I was thinking more the American people as opposed to the American military. I have little doubt that the Iranian Navy would not fair well if they try to do anything other than bluster over the Straits.

We have had war for awhile, now and even though we have been asked to sacrifice very little (those outside of the military and their families), not even asked to pay for it, we are tired of war. It is going to be hard to get us worked up again. The Hawks shot their 9/11 wad on Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The Hawks shot their 9/11 wad on Iraq.
    Uh, what? Don't recall Iraq being blamed for 9/11. Did hear that Iraq was sympathetic to Al Qaeda(which was true) not to mention that Iraq was guilty of several UN resolutions they agreed to after the 1991 Gulf War.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I am armed just as I know you are. So far I haven't seen any roving gangs of Muslims looking for people to subjugate marching down my street.
    Please tell me you're not this obtuse.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If I thought one of my neighbors really disliked me, and was worried about them trying to hurt me, do I have the right to break into their home and kill them before they strike first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.