Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So only 1%ers drive Lexus'? Huh.
    If you're actually a 1%er, you don't drive at all. You have people who do that.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    If you're actually a 1%er, you don't drive at all. You have people who do that.
    Do taxis and bus drivers count?:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'd say that in all likelihood the daughter is a manager at a movie theater, the guy did call to complain about the behavior in the theater (Have you been to a movie theater lately?) , and he probably did puff himself up a little. The rest of it is enhanced to make some point, I suppose, but I guess I missed why it matters if this guy is a 1% or not.

My experience with actual 1%ers is that they use their privilege to avoid public group situations, and when they find themselves inconvenienced by the unwashed they extricate themselves and chalk it up to experience. Oh wait, that's what I do, Im not 1%.
    The fastest growing area of home improvement is the home theater. The wealthy have been putting theaters in their homes for so long, that upper middle income level homes are built with a home theater. No need to go through the hassle of the movie experience.

I have known a LOT of very wealthy people. The one thing common among them is with real wealth, the quieter they become about it. The trumpeters are the historically un-wealthy who recently made some money. The REAL trumpeters are more likely to say "Do you know who I am. I have 5,000 facebook friends" than someone saying "I drive a Lexus."

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Do taxis and bus drivers count?:eek:

OK, you got me with that one. :D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.