Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Adults that spoil kids aggravate me 
    link

Sarah Ibarruri
    Adults that spoil kids aggravate me

Last edited Mon Dec 26, 2011, 10:43 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

My goodness, I never cease to be amazed at how some parents think their kids are God's answer to the planet. This applies mostly (I'd say almost exclusively) to the parents that have the brattiest kids on the planet.

Yesterday I had to spend some time with one of these kids because the mother felt that her child is so delightful, that surely all adults WANTED to have her child in their midst interrupting everything the adults said, and trying to break everything in the house and filthy it up. The adults wanted to make a run for it. That kid was loud, boisterous, not particularly bright, and (as if all the rest were not enough), NOT fascinating in the least. What the mom felt was grown up behavior on her child's part was merely a tremendous capacity for being obnoxious and unpleasant.

However, this mom was oohing and aahing about her kid (heck, who else was going to ooh and aah for this walking, talking obnoxia?), and trying to elicit our oohs and aahs, which were not forthcoming. I plastered what I refer to as, 'the look of the insane' smile on my face and pretended I was a robot. No oohs and aahs would come from me.

Why do parents (GENERALLY MOMS) inflict this on other adults? These moms behave as if they wanted to be your friend, but then by golly, they're HELL-BENT on you loving their bratty, spoiled kid. I think these moms don't really want to have friends. They just want to have an AUDIENCE for their bratty kids.

Since I'm on a rant about adults that do this, here's a tiny list of these adults that aggravate me. Let me know if any of you out there agree with me on this:

-Parents that include their kids in everything, adult conversations, bring kids to your dinner that you’ve made very clear is a grown ups dinner, etc.

-Parents that allow their kids to interrupt conversations between them and another adult

blah, blah, blah.....she has a list a mile long. I won't bore you with it.
    Note that yesterday was Christmas. Parents are not allow their children be with them at Christmas if Sarah I is going to be with them.......so says Sarah.

Duers go off on adults that spoil their children.

Then:
    Response to Sarah Ibarruri (Original post)

Mon Dec 26, 2011, 10:59 AM

jberryhill

14. You need to stop socializing with parents

"Yesterday I had to spend some time with one of these kids"

No, you didn't. You spent time with them incident to entirely voluntary social behavior of some kind, but you do not take responsibility for your choices.

Putting aside the fact that yesterday was a holiday which is viewed by some, rightly or wrongly, as a day specifically for being indulgent toward children, you can't claim you didn't know what you were getting into with your voluntary social engagement.

This power of "aggravation" is something only you can give to others. Only you are responsible for how you feel.
    Response to jberryhill (Reply #14)

Mon Dec 26, 2011, 11:00 AM

Sarah Ibarruri

16. So my choice is to refuse to invite Brat's parents? nt
    Response to Sarah Ibarruri (Reply #16)

Mon Dec 26, 2011, 11:02 AM

jberryhill

20. That is correct

Stop being a victim of your own social choices.
    Response to Sarah Ibarruri (Reply #16)

Mon Dec 26, 2011, 12:08 PM

liberalhistorian

50. Yes, that is your choice. You knew

that they were parents and that it was Christmas, for God's sake, did you think they weren't going to want to be with their own children on Christmas, of all days? Given your posting history about children, I think you just want an excuse to complain yet again about children and parents.

For many people who don't have children, everything they do irritates them and "gets on their nerves." They unrealistically expect children to sit primly and properly and quietly for hours at a time and not give any sign that they exist. And they certainly have no idea what it's like to be a parent, but that doesn't stop them from criticizing and giving "advice."

I had child-free friends who would invite me over for holidays but who said it was "adults only" and during the day, not in the evening when most children would be in bed. They had the right to make such an invitation and I had the right to refuse it, which I did, because I wanted to spend the holiday with my own son. They couldn't understand why I'd refuse or why I'd want to be with my own child on a freaking holiday, or why their other friends who were parents refused.

Uh huh. And it's more than likely that those bratty kids are the children of liberals. Because most conservative parents believe in discipline.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sarah must be such "Beam of White Light" to be around. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Uh huh. And it's more than likely that those bratty kids are the children of liberals. Because most conservative parents believe in discipline.
    Knowing the hatred Sarah I has for conservatives, if the parents had been conservative we would have known that.

She would have blamed the way the kids act on the fact that the parents are conservatives and she would have gone on and on about what they said and what they believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That is just damn funny.

Adults that spoil kids aggravate me
    Spoiled "adult" kids aggravate me.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That is just damn funny.
    Really? How about instead of a moronic statement like this, you try and prove me wrong.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Really? How about instead of a moronic statement like this, you try and prove me wrong.
    How would he prove you wrong? How would you prove yourself right? It's an absurd challenge.

The real breakdown is between men and women, in my experience. Men think that children should behave, and women have a much higher tolerance for screeching, annoying behavior, repetitive behaviors, and chaos. Women also tend to get angry with men who "step in" to parent while the female parent is present.

Was thinking the same thing.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    How would he prove you wrong? How would you prove yourself right? It's an absurd challenge.

The real breakdown is between men and women, in my experience. Men think that children should behave, and women have a much higher tolerance for screeching, annoying behavior, repetitive behaviors, and chaos. Women also tend to get angry with men who "step in" to parent while the female parent is present.
    I disagree. It has nothing to do with the sexes and everything to do with the fact that adults can't discipline children for fear that it might hurt their precious self-esteem. As a consequence, the kids have seized control of the situation. Not good, children need to respect authority.
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”