Thread: Mythbusting: Most US terrorist attacks are committed by Muslims

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    That change applies to all groups.

    So where before it only really counted acts committed by those outside the US as Terrorist Attacks, now it can count the acts that never should be counted as an act of Terrorism.

    For example;



    Note one line in that article, where a mother was charged with Terrorism for spanking her misbehaving children.
    I see your point. Okay we should look at that same data, but ignore all of the incidents of terror after the Patriot Act was passed?

    That's 25 cases, almost all of which were left-wing extremists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    You do that, not that it will change anything.......
    Won't change anything?

    Do you mean that Fox News clip will be the same regardless of who uploads it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,965
    WW3, what's your point? Are you saying Muslim terrorists are not a threat?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Swing and a miss.
    The Data I used comes from the FBI. The only thing from media matters was a clip from Fox News, showing the kind of crazy stuff spewed on that network. I get it though, you don't like media matters, that's fine. If you want, I won't talk about Fox News and we can talk just about the FBI-approved data?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    WW3, what's your point? Are you saying Muslim terrorists are not a threat?
    Not at all, Islamic extremist terrorist groups are a threat, but that threat is vastly over-exaggerated.

    When we talk about what sort of actions are to be taken to deal with this exaggerated threat, people always cite the false claim that Muslims are responsible for all or most terrorist attacks. This claim is wrong.

    When people talk about profiling arabs or Muslims, the argument is always the same: "most terrorists are muslims". It's simply not true.

    That doesn't mean that real Muslim terrorists aren't a threat, but the facts show that we don't need all the hysteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Not at all, Islamic extremist terrorist groups are a threat, but that threat is vastly over-exaggerated.
    Really? Tell that to the families of the 9/11 victims. Trying to marginalize the muslim terrorists is ignorant at best. We've created the Department of Homeland Security because of the threat of Islamist extremists.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

    That doesn't mean that real Muslim terrorists aren't a threat, but the facts show that we don't need all the hysteria.
    Honestly, I have yet to see any hysteria as you say from conservatives, I have seen a liberal governments TSA agents hound average American citizens however while a raging Muslim man killed several servicemen while screaming Allah Akbar at FT Hood while our socialist president refereed to it as a workplace incident.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, Tn
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Won't change anything?

    Do you mean that Fox News clip will be the same regardless of who uploads it?
    Nope, I mean it wont change anything about you being waaaaaaaaaay off and that your argument is just simply lame.

    Next..........
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Nope, I mean it wont change anything about you being waaaaaaaaaay off and that your argument is just simply lame.

    Next..........
    Apparently wei would rather mock dead Americans and excuse Islamic terrorists.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Yes left-wing extremists, radical environmentalist groups and the like have committed far more terrorist attacks than Muslim Radicals or Jewish Radicals etc.

    Of course I don't support any form of violence or terrorism so I wouldn't call them "buddies".
    I can say with some certainty and in keeping with your argument that more Americans have been killed on US soil by other Americans than by any invasive people or culture.

    SO WHAT?

    It's like illegal aliens and drunken driving. Yes, Americans drink and drive and claim lives, and that doesn't change the fact that illegal aliens have no business in the US, none. ANd they should be deported, all of them.

    I don't have Islamophobia. I want Islam contained in Islamic countries, and to stop the spread of this cancerous philosophy and the people who carry it. I have no use for them. They don't belong here or in the mother land. They don't belong in Australia, Mexico, Japan, or even the Philippines. Islam is a disease everywhere you find it.

    All religions need to be done away with, but Islam needs to go first.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •