Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, the weather today was delightful (I can't believe I used that word)...but I even needed a sweater.
    I want to go back to the Banana boat in a few weekends and sit at the outdoor patio. It serves good floridian food and drinks, and they have a DJ or a Live Band on the weekends.

The great weather has finally arrived.

Tomorrow I'm going to Sephora to buy some Kat Von D make up that's on sale. This has been an expensive month.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Yes, the weather today was delightful (I can't believe I used that word)...but I even needed a sweater.
    I want to go back to the Banana boat in a few weekends and sit at the outdoor patio. It serves good floridian food and drinks, and they have a DJ or a Live Band on the weekends.

The great weather has finally arrived.

Tomorrow I'm going to Sephora to buy some Kat Von D make up that's on sale. This has been an expensive month.
    There's nothing better than Florida in the winter, why all those snowbirds pay the big bucks to come down here "in season". The big babies, they should come down in August. :D

This second winter in Florida is convincing me that we should probably stay down here and not return north. It was heavenly volunteering at Mote Marine today. Even the dolphin was more frisky than usual.

Where is the Banana Boat? Is it in Miami? Sounds nice.

I want to go to the Beach House or the Sandbar on Anna Marie Island soon. They're nice, can sit on the beach, where they have tables set up. There's no reason to go to the chains when there are so many good, locally owned restaurants here.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There's nothing better than Florida in the winter, why all those snowbirds pay the big bucks to come down here "in season". The big babies, they should come down in August. :D

This second winter in Florida is convincing me that we should probably stay down here and not return north. It was heavenly volunteering at Mote Marine today. Even the dolphin was more frisky than usual.

Where is the Banana Boat? Is it in Miami? Sounds nice.

I want to go to the Beach House or the Sandbar on Anna Marie Island soon. They're nice, can sit on the beach, where they have tables set up. There's no reason to go to the chains when there are so many good, locally owned restaurants here.

Banana Boat is in Palm Beach county, in my neck of the woods. I hardly ever go down to Miami. I lived there for 5 years but only go into Miami if I'm catching a cruise out of the Miami Port. There are plenty of restaurants in my area, I have no desire to travel to the Miami craziness any more. South Beach is over rated too, way too crowded for my tastes.

I bought some cheese and bacon yesterday. I can't seem to enjoy spending money like many people seem to. I always feel guilty for throwing money away on frivolities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Although I did get a kindle recently so I might end up buying some e-books to get my library started. I found my splurging :)

I might also buy Modern Warfare 3.

I don't think any of these things are on sale though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Although I did get a kindle recently so I might end up buying some e-books to get my library started. I found my splurging :)

I might also buy Modern Warfare 3.

I don't think any of these things are on sale though.
    You can ease yourself in by downloading free books. Many of the classics are free and there are lots of special offers.

I bought some cheese and bacon yesterday. I can't seem to enjoy spending money like many people seem to. I always feel guilty for throwing money away on frivolities.
    Why? You earned the money, didn't you?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Well, you can hand it over to me, and I will have a great time spending it.

Wait...I ain't no stinkin' democrat.:D

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Well, you can hand it over to me, and I will have a great time spending it.

Wait...I ain't no stinkin' democrat.:D
    You offered him the choice of what to do with his money, which proves that you aren't one. OTOH, if you'd demanded that he give it to you becaues of your suffering as a woman or some other PC BS, then you'd be a Democrat. :D

Still, I don't understand why Wei feels bad about spending his own money. He earned it (well, as an academic, he showed up to collect it, which is probably as close as they get to the concept of earning), so why should he feel guilty about using it for his own ends?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    why should he feel guilty about using it for his own ends?
    How can he eat when there are thousands of starving kids in India and Nigeria?

It's the ol' bleeding heart liberal tale. He doesn't feel right dipping his hand in his own pocket...but he will gladly dip it into your's.