Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I liked when the Sea-Hippies lost their 1st cool looking boat. The Japs taught them a valuable lesson, don't put a fiberglass boat in front of a steel hulled ship. :eek::D
    I have no doubt that after two hours of quality time, I would want to horsewhip most of the people on the Steve Irwin, including Steve Irwin if he were still alive. Having said that, I see no reason to kill whales, I I would cheer if the Nissin Maru went to the bottom with all hands. I have no patience with people who kill whales or elephants. It simply is not necessary.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Damn. Now I've got to watch it.
    IN my last incarnation on DU, one of the guys who is such an ass that even some of the professional assholes on DU think he's an ass, accused me of being "racist" for opposing Japanese whaling. Apparently he thought they were the only culture with a history of whaling or that their history of whaling predated our own.

Honestly, some of these people seem to think that "indigenous peoples" were the only ones with skills and cultures before 1960.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have no doubt that after two hours of quality time, I would want to horsewhip most of the people on the Steve Irwin, including Steve Irwin if he were still alive. Having said that, I see no reason to kill whales, I I would cheer if the Nissin Maru went to the bottom with all hands. I have no patience with people who kill whales or elephants. It simply is not necessary.
    I don't condone killing the whales either. Now the Sea-Hippies, that's a whole nother story...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    ... It simply is not necessary.
    Neither are any of your favorite foods. The whales are being sold as food items, after the "scientific research" is done...

What's sad, is the fact Japan thinks it's fooling the world with that ruse...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I completely condone the killing of whales so long as the game taken is in accordance with conserving a stable population, and they are not killed for sport. Sport killing should be reserved for pest animals. This is the only policy a hunter of any type can pursue if they want to continue hunting.

Now time for a humorously true story (and anti-bouncy, if you will). At my doctor's office about two months ago, I came across this woman who I can only describe as "deranged". The T.V. in the waiting room was tuned to a cooking show, and I struck up a conversation about favorite foods with an elderly lady who was watching the show too. As she was totally schooling me on the subject of collard greens (one of my favorite things in the world, and yes I was taking notes!), this idiot deranged lady pipes up and "informs" us that people eat whales in Japan.

I looked at the lady I was talking to, with a "so what?" look, and she returned the sentiment. We then continued our conversation. What happened next was insane. This crazy lady started flat out pulpit preaching to us about the killing and whales, and how we should watch "Whale Wars", and get involved, and how our government should make Japanese whaling illegal. I was too shocked to speak. She continued her preaching, informing us 3 times that she was a Native American, and thus had a special connection with whales. She didn't look like an Arizonan native American, and I couldn't figure out the connection between Native Americans, American Laws governing Japanese people, and whales, so I just started laughing. It was all way too much. I couldn't control it because the situation had become so ridiculous! In any event, after she was satisfied that her preaching was done, she sat down, waited to be called, and continue on with her doctor appointment. It was just too amazing to be believed. I don't know who she was, but I hope she finds the help she needs, because you just can't go through life like that.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

If I were the Japanese dudes on the Nishin Maru, I'd launch a skiff and pelt the Steve Irwin with water balloons filled with whale blood.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    If I were the Japanese dudes on the Nishin Maru, I'd launch a skiff and pelt the Steve Irwin with water balloons filled with whale blood.
    Wait...

They have a boat named the Steve Irwin?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wait...

They have a boat named the Steve Irwin?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Hilarious! Do they also have one named the James Dean? Perhaps they could have a whole fleet named after people who had unfortunately short lives: the James Dean, the Amy Winehouse, the Heath Ledger....
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    2400km southwest of Fremantle
    What language is this?