Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 After Christmas Sale 
    I hit Target yesterday and today and bought more wrapping paper, bows, Christmas bags, tinsel, ornaments, etc, etc.
    I also did some online shopping at Macy's, the Gap, Overstock and Gymboree, got good deals, no shipping costs and already have gifts ready for next year.(the trick is remembering what I bought and where I stashed it.)

Are any of you this crazy??:eek::o

Power CUer
    I have enough wrapping, bags, ornaments and decorations to open my own store, so I didn't do any of that.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I have enough wrapping, bags, ornaments and decorations to open my own store, so I didn't do any of that.

I had a good stash that would've lasted me another 2-3 years....now I got more :)

The wife went with her mom and spent around $500 on stuff but more on lights and decorations as well as Hallmark ornaments. And Christmas stuff for the dogs.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I spent $18 on a colonge gift set that was marked down. I like to smell good.

I'm a big spender!

I like my men to smell nice too!

Ahem ... family members, that is. :) Even if just fresh from the shower smelling of soap and shampoo.

================================================== =====

Am afraid no after Christmas sales for this household, however, unless we use cash for the next 5 days or so.

There goes my online shopping habit!!! :(:(:(

When we got home from NC we had a few startling phone messages waiting for us. Someone had gotten a hold of our Visa acct. number and racked up about $3,000 from online stores. None of which I frequent.

Lucky for us we have a special acct with BOA ... we are totally covered for fraud and only have to wait until they send us new cards with new acct numbers on them.

Oh well!

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 12-28-2011 at 02:38 PM.

I was quite restrained. I got a few things for the kitchen , new tubs for lunch salads etc and a wire spoon for getting pickles and olives out of jars. I have plenty of wrapping paper and cards to last me at least for next year. Sadly the devil made me buy an iPad . :(:D

I forgot about Hickory Farms stuff!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Sadly the devil made me buy an iPad . :(:D
    He made me buy one too in early December. :D
    I love mine so much I bought another for my son for a Christmas gift.

SR didn't want to go shopping the day after Christmas. I had done enough online shopping before Christmas, so resisted all urges to go online and buy buy buy. :D

Today we played tourist, went to a little restaurant named Marvista on Longboat Key. It finally is cool here (in the 60's). We ate on the outdoor deck, with heat lamps around us. It was delightful looking over Sarasota Bay. If the tourists can enjoy all those nice places, so can we.

Later we went to Luxe Arts, a place with some over the top Christmas decorations. Most of the stuff was way too glitzy and expensive, even at 70% off, but we got some cool lighted balls to hang from the palm trees next year, also some of those large outdoor ornaments.

We have so many Christmas decorations that we had 3 boxes that we didn't even use, so no need to buy more decorations.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"