Thread: Why do we work harder than Germans?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    The people I've known and loved all of my life have been working people in America, my home. Why would I want to leave? Wouldn't it be better to fight to make this nation a better place for the working people I love?
    I'm betting that there are a shitload of Germans, as well as other Europeans, look west (i.e. the US) for a place to escape the "utopia" you want us to import from their failed nations. I predict that Europe will be immersed in chaos and war (again) within this decade. A facsimile of the same will happen here, but only because you and your ilk have attempted to install the same model here for decades with an unfortunate level success.

Times they are a'changing.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

In germany workers control half of the company that they work for, giving them a sense of ownership and shared responsibility.
    Bull. Shit. I need a cite for this bullshit. I was in Germany in the early 80's.

I call bullshit, on this bullshit.

The Germans are some engineering mutha effas!

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Bull. Shit. I need a cite for this bullshit. I was in Germany in the early 80's.

google german codetermination. i don't know the name of the law in it's german form but it's effectively a "codetermination law". it principally applies to larger companies but there is a version in place for medium sized companies as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

google german codetermination. i don't know the name of the law in it's german form but it's effectively a "codetermination law". it principally applies to larger companies but there is a version in place for medium sized companies as well.
    YOU google it, fool! I asked for a cite.

I could google German laziness and two million hits pop up. It doesn't make it so....

The Germans are a different people. They work, they take pride in being productive. Americans take pride in how much they can get away with. If Americans are in control of their company, it's three hour lunch breaks and the right to smoke dope on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I'm betting that there are a shitload of Germans, as well as other Europeans, look west (i.e. the US) for a place to escape the "utopia" you want us to import from their failed nations. I predict that Europe will be immersed in chaos and war (again) within this decade. A facsimile of the same will happen here, but only because you and your ilk have attempted to install the same model here for decades with an unfortunate level success.

Times they are a'changing.
    That's a pretty hot sports opinion there.

In germany workers control half of the company that they work for, giving them a sense of ownership and shared responsibility.
    that's fine if the said company has a "choice" in doing that. There are plenty of small compnanies in the US that operate like this. The problem comes down to it being mandatory for property and business owners to do this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    that's fine if the said company has a "choice" in doing that. There are plenty of small compnanies in the US that operate like this. The problem comes down to it being mandatory for property and business owners to do this.
    Wee wee is spouting off without having his facts straight. Everyone act surprised. Mitbestimmungsgesetz does not say that workers control or own half the company. The law says that larger companies must allow a less-than-controlling interest in the board of directors be elected by the workers. Wildly different from what Wee wee claimed.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Yeah, let's just add this to our list of GREAT GERMAN IDEAS...

Concentration camps
    Ethnic cleansing
    Nerve gas
    White supremacy

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wee wee is spouting off without having his facts straight. Everyone act surprised. Mitbestimmungsgesetz does not say that workers control or own half the company. The law says that larger companies must allow a less-than-controlling interest in the board of directors be elected by the workers. Wildly different from what Wee wee claimed.
    Workers are allowed to elect half of the board in large companies. This is the same type of control that stock-owners have in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.