Thread: Why do we work harder than Germans?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Yeah, let's just add this to our list of GREAT GERMAN IDEAS...

Concentration camps
    Ethnic cleansing
    Nerve gas
    White supremacy
    Do you really think giving workers power to have significant yet still partial control of their companies is comparable to the Holocaust?

Is this a thing you really believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Yeah, let's just add this to our list of GREAT GERMAN IDEAS...

Concentration camps
    Ethnic cleansing
    Nerve gas
    White supremacy
    It is important to note that all of these Nazi actions should not be compared to these codetermination laws.

There is a long historical process of these laws coming into being in Germany, with the clear exception of the period of Nazi control. When the Nazi's came into power, they abolished work councils and dismantled unions.

The Nazi's supported all the things you listed, but they were totally against what I am talking about. The Nazi's were all about preventing workers from unionizing or developing collective power in the name of "market freedom".

"We stand for the maintenance of private property... We shall protect free enterprise as the most expedient, or rather the sole possible economic order."
    -Adolf Hitler
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Workers are allowed to elect half of the board in large companies. This is the same type of control that stock-owners have in the US.
    And this is nowhere near what you stated in your original bullshit that you got called on. And you get called on a lot of your bullshit.

From now on, post links when you are posting what appears to be a fact instead of your opinion. Freaking lying ass commie bullshit out of you. Constantly.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    And this is nowhere near what you stated in your original bullshit that you got called on. And you get called on a lot of your bullshit.

From now on, post links when you are posting what appears to be a fact instead of your opinion. Freaking lying ass commie bullshit out of you. Constantly.
    I didn't say the workers own half the company, I said they control it, and they do control in the only way you can control a company, by having your chosen representatives on the board of directors.

I'm not sure what you thought I meant by that.

I'm sorry if you are mad, trying taking a few breaths, calm down and look at what is being posted. If you want me to be more specific, I will, just don't start shitting yourself so quickly. Workers in Germany have significant control over their companies because they can elect half of the controlling board. This gives them a sense of responsibility over the company because they have representative control over it. This is extremely different from how things are in America.
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 01-05-2012 at 06:56 PM.

This is extremely different from how things are in America.
    Know why? This is not Germany... go figure...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I'd turn the question around: Why don't Germans work as hard as Americans?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Why don't Americans work as hard as Chinese?

Because they can. Their economy is not in shambles. They are the #2 top exporter in the world, just below China (without having to pay their workers shit) and they are above the US. Their workers have better pay and more rights, they have subsidised their post-secondary education and their healthcare services, ensuring some of the most important and most expensive services that Americans have to pay out the ass for.

They have enormous worker-oriented policies that benefit the vast majority of their population. They have far lower income equality than in the US.

They've had higher GDP growth as a percentage in recent years, and their unemployment rate is lower than ours.

They have very robust social services and public spending, yet their debt-to-GDP ratio is far lower than ours.

Why don't Americans work as hard as Chinese?

Because they can. Their economy is not in shambles. They are the #2 top exporter in the world, just below China (without having to pay their workers shit) and they are above the US. Their workers have better pay and more rights, they have subsidised their post-secondary education and their healthcare services, ensuring some of the most important and most expensive services that Americans have to pay out the ass for.

They have enormous worker-oriented policies that benefit the vast majority of their population. They have far lower income equality than in the US.

They've had higher GDP growth as a percentage in recent years, and their unemployment rate is lower than ours.

They have very robust social services and public spending, yet their debt-to-GDP ratio is far lower than ours.
    And yet Chinese and Germans still immigrate to America. Weird huh?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

And yet Chinese and Germans still immigrate to America. Weird huh?
    You do realize that the US isn't the only country that people immigrate to right? Not to mention, brace yourself for this one, many Americans move to other countries.

Also, I just remembered, it doesn't even matter, none of that changes the facts I've given.

You do realize that the US isn't the only country that people immigrate to right? Not to mention, brace yourself for this one, many Americans move to other countries.
    What are you waiting for, leave. I'm sure there are many countries that would just love a communist teaching assistant.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg