Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Why would a Muslim family be opening Christmas presents?
    great way to conceal PE ????
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Okay, when I first read the title, the first thing I thought was "Well, maybe Texas can show people what they do with honor killers."

Then, I read the article.

Look at the first paragraph.

GRAPEVINE — Aziz Yazdanpanah seemed to be losing control of his life in recent months — his wife left him, his house was in foreclosure, and his 19-year-old daughter was dating a young man he didn’t like.
    Not that this is an excuse at all, but is it possible that he was a depressed guy who killed his family and then himself? Non-Muslim Americans do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, when I first read the title, the first thing I thought was "Well, maybe Texas can show people what they do with honor killers."

Then, I read the article.

Look at the first paragraph.

Not that this is an excuse at all, but is it possible that he was a depressed guy who killed his family and then himself? Non-Muslim Americans do this.
    Ask the dead family the first time you get a chance.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Yeah, unless ......
    What you're missing here Nova is simple: ISLAM = INSANITY
    The two are one in the same.
    There was a heart breaking similar case in a county near where I live.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-stor...0,320549.story

Children dead. A boyfriend injured. No Islam.

It's really heart breaking. I think that by making this all about Islam, you're ignoring the very real problem of people who obviously have some mental issues and not being stopped in time, not being helped, etc. Maybe if this man could have gotten some help, he wouldn't have killed his family.

Now, I remember once hearing about an honor killing in which the parents planned the murder of their daughter, a stabbing murder. No mass murder, just one victim. That sounds more like honor killing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I like to bash Islam as much as the next guy, but in this case Islam seems secondary to insanity, unless one maintains that his meltdown was born of his cultural inculcation to the belief that he was supposed to be in control, and that Allah would bless him for being a good husband and father etc... all of which had turned to shit.

I am more inclined to believe that in this case, he was nuts and he was a muzzie, not because he was a muzzie.

I've known a number of west asian ethnic type people with really obnoxious and controlling fathers. None of those dads killed their family. I've known Armenians who sounded a lot like this family, the older brother being the enforcer and controller of the daughter my age, and while she was unhappy, to the best of my knowledge she was never physically harmed.

Sometimes Islam is a reason, sometimes it's an excuse, and sometimes it's simply present.

I've had Greek/american friends with overprotective fathers, and dutch-american friends who were only allowed to date other members of one of the dutch reformed denominations. I doubt any of those fathers were willing to kill to enforce their rules.

In this case, you are probably right to point out that insanity is the primary factor motivating his actions, but the theme of his insanity is his view of Islam and what he believes is his role as a proper, muslim father.

I'm curious as to why his wife and he were divorced. I always wonder in these cases if the thing that pushes the father over the edge is actually jealousy-that he has an inappropriate emotional attachment to the daughter that may or may not have crossed the line into actual incest.