Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Def Dept Agrees To Allow Muslim Cadets To Wear Hijabs 

Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) announced today that the Department of Defense will begin allowing Muslim and Sikh students who wear an Islamic head scarf (hijab) or a turban to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC).

"We welcome the fact that Muslim and Sikh students nationwide will now be able to participate fully in JROTC leadership activities while maintaining their religious beliefs and practices," said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad.

-------------------------------------------

Every muslim on the planet must be laughing at America -- and our boy king ... again. Are orthodox Jews allowed to wear head coverings in the U.S. military? Lord Stinkey and his underlings gives America the middle finger ... once again.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Dang! That just pisses me off!

Y'all know we're talking about JROTC students; not military, right? I don't have much of a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

Dang! That just pisses me off!

Y'all know we're talking about JROTC students; not military, right? I don't have much of a problem with it.
    Doesn't matter. As I said when I posted the same story a couple days ago...this is the camels nose under the tent flap.

ROTC and Regular Army being forced to accept this is next...and it the next round of court cases...this court case will be cited a to why it should be allowed everywhere.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Its just the start of this, isn't Jr ROTC supposed to get you used to the conformity of the military? How the hell can you wear that when you are wearing a helmet? We should have a no tolerance policy considering Muslims is so far as allowing any religious exceptions, quite frankly we shouldn't allow them in due to divided loyalties.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Its just the start of this, isn't Jr ROTC supposed to get you used to the conformity of the military? How the hell can you wear that when you are wearing a helmet? We should have a no tolerance policy considering Muslims is so far as allowing any religious exceptions, quite frankly we shouldn't allow them in due to divided loyalties.
    Normally I eschew predictions or slippery slope arguments, but with Islam the plan is written and the intent is clear. The MO of Islam is to inject itself into a culture, usually through commerce, to grown and appear a benign presence, gently asking for accommodations along the way. Then the courtesies become expectations and the requests become demands. We don't have to look to books to see this, we have witnessed it.

Actually the hajib is not "religious apparel" like the yarmulke. It's cultural dress. People who want to kill us and our way of life use our own rules against us and insist that we "tolerate" them.

"People who want to use our own rules against us ..." - kinda like the boy king Muslim in Chief.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    A burqa is not a hijab.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

So then can we assume that now JROTC students are free
    to wear a Christian cross pinned on their uniform? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    A burqa is not a hijab.
    Well shit, it's perfectly alright then, this changes everything.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Well shit, it's perfectly alright then, this changes everything.
    Well, it certainly does change a lot of things.

You folks do realize that people wear hijabs voluntarily as part of their religious expression, right? Whereas a burqa is something women are forced to wear?

So, why the intentional lie in the OP?

Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

Look, it's just not unreasonable to accommodate this girl in high school in the same fashion that the military already accommodates Jews who wear a yarmulke or Sikhs who wear a turban.

I know it's fun for everyone to get their panties in a bunch and then run around in circles flailing their arms in the air while wailing about how this one little girl is going to impose Sharia upon the entire US by way of the JROTC, probably with some stealth help from 4-H and the Girl Scouts, but the reality is that just isn't happening. All you do is make yourself look foolish when you wail and gnash your teeth over something so petty as this, and then when the real threat does come along in the form of Nidal Hasan there's no credibility left.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.