Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, I still don't agree with you, but this can make logical sense.

Now, suppose a person has been diagnosed as having an intellectual disability (i.e. what used to be called retarded), should they still have their citizenship taken away?

Also, some kids have pretty much been brainwashed by their parents. They don't necessarily see the light at the age of eighteen. Don't you think some people should have a chance to change their minds?
    If a person has been diagnosed with an intellectual disability, what do you do if they commit some other crime? The nature of the offense doesn't change the underlying principles of our justice system. A person has to understand the consequences of their actions before they can be deemed competent in the legal sense. Someone with a mental disorder cannot make the kind of decision that we're talking about and be held accountable.

A person who was brainwashed by their parents is a problem, but a person who's been brainwashed by their parents who commits any other crime is still held accountable. The scariest stories in western civilization are about people who were raised by savage creatures, because they invariably become savage themselves. Being raised by wolves, demons or hippies always carries a risk. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I thought about it, but the truth is you're not worth it Tx. It wastes my time when I could be doing more productive things and talking to smarter people. Oh, and remember when I dedicated the Asshole song to you on that other forum? Well, you're not even good enough for that anymore.
    Ahh I see you DO remember how you were embarassed the last time you did this.

Why don't you just be honest Bridget and say you would but you don't want to lose and look embarassed...again...by the mean old Conservative.

You don't talk to smarter people Bridget...you just talk to people who think the same stupid way you do...that doesn't make you...or them smarter. Just makes you arrogant to think so.

Oh is that suppsoed to break my heart or something that you un-dedicate a song to me?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ahh I see you DO remember how you were embarassed the last time you did this.

Why don't you just be honest Bridget and say you would but you don't want to lose and look embarassed...again...by the mean old Conservative.
    I could handle being beaten Tx, it's only a message board.

What I can't handle is having a fight when I know ahead of time that absolutely nothing is going to come out of it. I only fight with people when I think something can be gained.

You don't talk to smarter people Bridget...you just talk to people who think the same stupid way you do...that doesn't make you...or them smarter. Just makes you arrogant to think so.
    Are you not paying attention to this thread and who else I'm talking to? Do you not pay attention to other threads? Ody's smarter than you, Tx. He can make an actual case without personal insults. You can't. I'm not saying that to pit you two against each other. I'm just saying that because you really have no ability to make your case without trying to demonize the other side. Like I said, I like smart people. I don't like overemotional demonizing people.

Oh is that suppsoed to break my heart or something that you un-dedicate a song to me?
    Yes, it is. It's a funny song. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If a person has been diagnosed with an intellectual disability, what do you do if they commit some other crime? The nature of the offense doesn't change the underlying principles of our justice system. A person has to understand the consequences of their actions before they can be deemed competent in the legal sense. Someone with a mental disorder cannot make the kind of decision that we're talking about and be held accountable.

A person who was brainwashed by their parents is a problem, but a person who's been brainwashed by their parents who commits any other crime is still held accountable. The scariest stories in western civilization are about people who were raised by savage creatures, because they invariably become savage themselves. Being raised by wolves, demons or hippies always carries a risk. :D
    You're right. Being raised by hippies is not an excuse. :D

You're right. Being raised by hippies is not an excuse. :D
    Exactly. Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves, but that didn't mean that they weren't civilized. If one hairy wild beast can raise kids to found Rome, another can raise kids not to burn the flag or defecate on police cars. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I could handle being beaten Tx, it's only a message board.

What I can't handle is having a fight when I know ahead of time that absolutely nothing is going to come out of it. I only fight with people when I think something can be gained.

Are you not paying attention to this thread and who else I'm talking to? Do you not pay attention to other threads? Ody's smarter than you, Tx. He can make an actual case without personal insults. You can't. I'm not saying that to pit you two against each other. I'm just saying that because you really have no ability to make your case without trying to demonize the other side. Like I said, I like smart people. I don't like overemotional demonizing people.

Yes, it is. It's a funny song. :D
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Thank you for attempting to see my point of view so well. The stupidity of others does burn sometimes. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh sure...like that would help our standing in the World community. :D:D
    The world community is a freaking joke.

They always expect us to clean up their crap, then they complain about us doing their dirty work, then they forget that they often call us in to do their dirty work in the first place.