Thread: On a $4M Vacation, Michelle Seeks $3 From Backers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 On a $4M Vacation, Michelle Seeks $3 From Backers 
    by Keith Koffler on December 30, 2011, 1:21 pm

Speaking from her paradisical $4 million Hawaii vacation, Mrs. Obama wants to know: Do any of President Obama’s supporters have $3 to spare for his reelection?

This is approximately like coming upon Warren Buffett on a street corner with a McDonald’s cup asking if he can have 15 cents.

Michelle’s request was part of an email sent to the Obama 2012 list today.

Over the next 11 months we’ve got an organization to grow, voters to register, and people to get fired up.

I hope you’ll close out this year by donating $3 or more now to help make sure we’re ready for the next one . . .

Thank you so much, and happy new year,

Michelle

The obscene juxtaposition of the first lady on a $4 million vacation while asking what would have to be middle to low income earners for three bucks – who else would they be targeting with such an appeal? – is yet another example of lack of perspective the Obamas seem to be gaining while in power.

Mrs. Obama takes extravagant vacations to Spain and southern Africa. The president golfs obsessively and is currently dining at Honolulu’s ritziest restaurants. All while asking their fellow Americans to “sacrifice” during this time of not plenty.

And they blow $4 million – mostly taxpayers’ money – on a vacation, while wondering if the small people can come up with $3.

What about renting a beach house next year at the Jersey shore? I mean, if we’re all going to sacrifice.
    http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...eks-3-backers/

More racist propaganda .
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

2. #2 Uproar over Michelle Obama's $2,000 Sundress 
    "The truth is, in order to save the hard-earned tax money provided by American blood, sweat and tears, Michelle is going to have to start giving up her 'piece of their pie' so that the rest of us can have more," and that may have to start with Mrs. Obama offering to do something other than wearing a $2,000 dress twice.
    Jeannie DeAngelis
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    This is 1 of 4 or 5 they have sent out in the past week.

I'll see if I can find them.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Here is all the $3 Emails sent out by Pelosi, Obama, Michelle and others.

Subject: One last thing
    Date: December 31, 2011 8:44:20 AM EST
    To: Drew
    Reply-To: dccc@dccc.org

Drew —

Midnight Tonight is the single most important test our campaign will face in 2011 to win the Democratic Majority.

Tonight we may ring in the New Year, but it also marks the deadline for Democrats to report fundraising totals to the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The Republicans, the media and the pundits like to use those 2011 Year-End fundraising totals as a measure of our strength and determination to win in 2012.

We have less than 24 hours left and we are just $27,023 away from our $1 million challenge. Please give an urgent gift of just $3 before the deadline. All gifts will be matched 2-to-1.

Onward to victory in the New Year,

Nancy Pelosi
    Subject: Hey
    Date: December 31, 2011 7:56:58 AM EST
    Reply-To: info@barackobama.com
    Drew —

About the deadline tonight: It matters.

If you can, please give $3 or more today:
    https://donate.barackobama.com/Midnight

To 2012,

Barack
    Hey, I'm on a multi million vacation, give me $3.

Subject: I know, I know, I know
    Date: December 30, 2011 4:25:40 PM EST
    Drew —

If you thought to yourself, “Again, Rufus?!” when you saw this email pop up in your inbox, I’m really sorry.

But I have just one thing to say before tomorrow’s midnight deadline: These deadlines may seem arbitrary, but they’re very real.

They affect so much — from budgets to headlines to how big we can take our ground game in the states. When we say that every donation matters, it’s actually true. We cannot win without the support of millions of people like you.

Trust me: Nobody here wants to be a bother. But we’re counting on everyone who cares about this campaign and this president to chip in when it matters most.

Think you can donate $3 or more right now?
    https://donate.barackobama.com/Saturday

Seriously, thank you.
    Rufus

Rufus Gifford
    National Finance Director
    Obama for America
    Your bothering me for $3

Subject: Can I say this?
    Date: December 30, 2011 11:18:27 AM EST
    Reply-To: Nancy Pelosi
    Drew —

After all the media hype about the Tea Party, I’d love to say that 500,000 grassroots Democrats stepped up in 2011 to kick Republicans out of Congress in 2012.
    But I can’t say that — yet.

I had my team run the numbers, and if we can get 3 more contributions from your local area, I’ll be able to tell Leader Pelosi, the Republicans, the media, and anyone else who’ll listen that half-a-million Americans are fed up with these Tea Party extremists and have joined our campaign to defeat them.

Will you chip in whatever you can — even just $3 — to help us reach an incredible 500,000 contributors before midnight tomorrow’s year-end FEC deadline?

It’s crunch time now: we have just 24 hours left before the year-end FEC deadline hits, when we’re forced to close the books on 2011, and report our numbers. In addition to nearing 500,000 contributors, we’re just $97,019 away from hitting our million dollar Republican Accountability Fund goal.

If you’ve been waiting for the right time to step up, this is it. Contribute right now and your gift will be matched 2-to-1, tripling your impact.
    I hope you’ll be a part of this.

Rep. Steve Israel
    DCCC Chairman
    Give us $3 so we can attack those TEA Party Terrorist!

Subject: I want to be able to say
    Date: December 30, 2011 10:55:35 AM EST
    Drew —

This holiday has felt a bit like one last long, deep breath before we plunge into 2012.

This time next year, I don’t want us to have any regrets. I want to be able to say we rose to the task, and got it done. We’ve all got some work to do right now.

Over the next 11 months we’ve got an organization to grow, voters to register, and people to get fired up.

I hope you’ll close out this year by donating $3 or more now to help make sure we’re ready for the next one:

https://donate.barackobama.com/No-Regrets

Thank you so much, and happy new year,
    Michelle

P.S. — Also, when you donate today, you are automatically entered for a chance to be one of three supporters to have dinner with Barack and me.
    This one is the email the thread is about. I love the end of it, where you can win a chance to have Michelle harping you about your meal.
    Rest In Peace America

Get your blood money from King Soros you worthless POC. Send me 4 million and I might refund you a couple of dollars.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

And the latest one.

Subject: Seriously: not another fundraising email
    Date: January 3, 2012 10:15:10 AM EST
    Drew —

People have been sending around two videos here at headquarters this morning, and I thought you’d want to see them, too.

This first one was posted to YouTube almost exactly four years ago. It’s Barack Obama’s “closing argument” to Iowans the night before the caucuses in 2008. [...]

That’s why I want to thank you for opening this email — especially because I know you’ve been pretty bombarded with messages from us lately.

All the work we do here at headquarters or (more importantly) in the field in places like Des Moines and Ankeny and Council Bluffs in Iowa ultimately relies on someone like you deciding to open an email, click on a link on Facebook, or visit BarackObama.com.

Those tiny decisions are what lead to conversations about the campaign, donations that fuel the work we’re all doing, and volunteers turning out at campaign events across the country.

Thanks,
    Mitch

Mitch Stewart
    Battleground States Director
    Obama for America
    Ok we've been pestering you with all these emails, so just give us the $3 !!!
    Rest In Peace America

And their response to last night.

Subject: This is not a joke
    Date: January 4, 2012 3:36:11 AM EST
    Drew —

These Republican candidates spent in some cases more than a year — in Mitt Romney’s case seven years — campaigning in Iowa to be the next president.

But tonight, GOP voters there couldn’t decisively get behind anyone.

Who exactly leads the Republican race going forward isn’t clear, but we do know two things:

1) The extremist Tea Party agenda won a clear victory. No matter who the Republicans nominate, we’ll be running against someone who has embraced that agenda in order to win — vowing to let Wall Street write its own rules, end Medicare as we know it, roll back gay rights, leave the troops in Iraq indefinitely, restrict a woman’s right to choose, and gut Social Security to pay for more tax cuts for millionaires and corporations.

2) We’ll be facing an onslaught of unprecedented spending from outside groups funded by corporations and anonymous donors. In Iowa alone, so-called “super PACs” spent $12.9 million on almost exclusively negative ads. These groups will turn their fire even more directly on us in the weeks ahead to prove that their candidate is the most anti-Obama.

Many observers still think Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee. If he is, we will be prepared. But it’s curious that no one can really explain how, when or why the 70-plus percent of Republicans saying in polls and in Iowa that Mitt Romney’s not their candidate will suddenly come around.

So the path ahead for Romney — or whichever of the Republican candidates is going to emerge from this process — is sadly and starkly very clear: to run even further to the extreme right, and make even more dangerous promises that threaten not only the progress we’ve made but the fundamental fabric of American society.

We also know that candidates who take these extreme positions can, in the right circumstances, win not only a primary but also a general election in just about any state.

Just ask the Tea Party senators from Pennsylvania and Kentucky, and the Tea Party governors in Florida and Wisconsin.

Watching the circus on TV, it’s tempting to think it’s almost funny — but this is not a joke.
    We’ve got to be ready.

More soon.

Messina

Jim Messina
    Campaign Manager
    Obama for America
    So when can we expect that $3?
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

So when can we expect that $3?
    Jim Messina has a point, we need to continue the pressure on whoever our candidate is, Obama has already proven that no amount of pressure by us will sway his agenda.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

So when can we expect that $3, MOOchelle is hungry?
    :D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Rest In Peace America