Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Man found with explosives at Midland International Airport 
    Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:53 am | Updated: 3:11 pm, Sat Dec 31, 2011.

Audrie Palmer
    Reporter-Telegram | 21 comments

One man was being held in FBI custody Saturday afternoon after security at Midland International Airport found explosives in his carry-on bag and the terminal was shut down for an hour.

The suspect is active military and the explosives were found in his carry-on bag by Transportation Security Administration officers while going through the X-ray machine, Midland police said. The incident happened at 9:26 a.m. Saturday.

The man had been in town visiting family and was traveling back to North Carolina, confirmed MPD Sgt. Brian Rackow.

The explosives were in military-grade wrapping but police said they won’t know what grade until they are sent out for testing.

The items were in MPD possession Saturday afternoon, according to public information officer Tasa Watts.

A bomb-sniffing dog was brought in from the Lubbock Regional Response team Saturday afternoon to assist with the investigation, authorities said.

TSA officials notified law enforncement who evacuated the terminal and closed the checkpoint for one hour while the item was removed and the area was investigated.

The incident remains under investigation, said Lisa Farbstein with the TSA.

A spokesperson for the FBI would not release the man’s name but said he was being detained by officials.

Read more: Man found with explosives at Midland International Airport - Mywesttexas.com: Top Stories http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stori...#ixzz1iBo06TYC
    Hmm sounds like another one of those Lutherans.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Lutherans, Lutherans!! Thats a rabble rousing Baptist for sure.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Holy crap! Right there in my home town.. No way!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Most likely an Anglican such as I am!

We Anglicans can really be a wild bunch when riled up don'tcha know? :D

On a serious note ... wonder how long it will take to release his name, or pic?

If he were any type of Christian, wouldn't it be plastered all over the place by now?

~ ABC

My spidey sense tells me that the failure to release his name means it has muhammed, achmed, or some other phlegm producing name all over it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    My spidey sense tells me that the failure to release his name means it has muhammed, achmed, or some other phlegm producing name all over it.
    He could also be a rabid OWS supporter, I give him down twinkles!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Ha! Ha! Oh my, AmPat ...

You are just as bad as I am! :D

~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Most likely an Anglican such as I am!

We Anglicans can really be a wild bunch when riled up don'tcha know? :D

On a serious note ... wonder how long it will take to release his name, or pic?

If he were any type of Christian, wouldn't it be plastered all over the place by now?

~ ABC
    you betcha!!!
    “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that’s why they call it the present.” ;)

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Holy crap! Right there in my home town.. No way!
    Tx, I meant to post this story all day yesterday. It was quite the headline and talk of the town.
    After they announced the news that it was an active duty military guy, and that he was in FBI
    custody, we've not heard a peep more about it. All the details I've heard so far are that he was
    traveling with his family (I assume wife & kids) and was here visiting his mother who lives
    In Midland. He was on his way back to North Carolina. Word on the street is that he was
    carrying military grade C-4 in his bag (alledgedly an MPD officer was the source saying this).

Midland has always been a top target for terrorists due to the oil fields and pipe lines here.
    Not long after 9-11 a ring was arrested buying up disposable cell phones here at our local
    Walmart. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was gonna be a New Years Eve gift to Ahlah.
    Sooner or later I'll find out who his mama is and what religion if that was a factor.

Here's the links to the local news stories on this.
    They still haven't released what branch of the military he is in either.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stori...871e3ce6c.html

http://www.oaoa.com/news/midland-783...s-airport.html

http://www.newswest9.com/story/16422...security-sweep